No Livewires for me :(
Apr 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #16 of 22
Man all the negative influence here >..<

You're a student, don't splurge your hard-saved cash (which is probably your parents' hard-earned dough) on luxuries that fall way in the WANT category. Go enjoy what you have, study hard so that you can get a good job, earn big bucks and buy all the IEMs in the world next time ya?

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw.... how does Etymotic ER4P fair in terms of microphonics.
i'm a student and i spend at least 2 hours everyday in the bus and walking around so i'm rather conscious about how my iems will do when i am travelling

No matter what I use microphonics are a definite issue walking around - a side effect of a good seal
wink_face.gif

The consistent best solution I've used, regardless of the cable, is the same as that advised to you in your REO microphonics thread - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...honics-474452/ - running the cable over and down the back of your ears. That cuts the microphonics down the best IMHO.

You'll find a more detailed discussion of ER4 microphonics at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...-cable-476276/

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOLS....i wish i could.
But i do not have a credit card!!!!!
I used my mum's to buy my re0 thats why i must seek her permission

Head-Direct RE0 - $79
LiveWire Trips - $349
buying your first custom and enjoying a sound and comfort level unlike any universal - priceless

some things money can't buy, for all other purchases you don't want your mum to know about there's prepay mastercard

wink.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man all the negative influence here >..<

You're a student, don't splurge your hard-saved cash (which is probably your parents' hard-earned dough) on luxuries that fall way in the WANT category. Go enjoy what you have, study hard so that you can get a good job, earn big bucks and buy all the IEMs in the world next time ya?

I got the $$ from working part time.
If i didnt work, i probably wouldnt even have thought of getting customs.
But after all ur guys convincing, i think i'm dropping the idea of getting customs:p

i'm looking at the ie8 or the tf10 now.

But cant decided which 1 will suit me better.

Looking for a fun sounding iem for pop,rock.
Awesome highs,isolation and low microphonics:p

I'm hard to please
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-Direct RE0 - $79
LiveWire Trips - $349
buying your first custom and enjoying a sound and comfort level unlike any universal - priceless

some things money can't buy, for all other purchases you don't want your mum to know about there's prepay mastercard

wink.gif

Dude, you are the worst influence ever...

OP, I think that you should slow down a bit, enjoy the gear that you have, and don't subscribe to the "BUY BUY BUY" mentality that quite a few members here have. I like Justanut's words, you'll have plenty of spare cash once you're in the working world, and the means to buy it yourself.

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 22
You should definitely slow down. I did the same thing; I had a 1G Touch and some Super.Fi 5 (v2s) and just wanted more. I then bought the PFE 112s (loved those) and the Equation Rp-21s because I wanted something to use at home.

Now about a year later I sold all of that (along with my Touch and Nano) to get the stuff in my sig. Take it from me: Take your time and don't rush this stuff. I'd say to wait and either get a high end universal or save up for a top tier custom; not the livewires.

Oh and the Triple.Fi's sound amazing with pop; lady gaga is on a whole new level with the Trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back