no check spelling
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
for the last few days when I try to check how badly I write, I get the pop up opening and then this
Quote:
Error executing `aspell -a --lang=en_US --encoding=utf-8 -H --rem-sgml-check=alt < /tmp/aspell_data_Ruzm9I 2>&1`\nError: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".

I'm on firefox. 45.0.2(latest to date).

doing it 2 more times for the lolz :
Error executing `aspell -a --lang=en_US --encoding=utf-8 -H --rem-sgml-check=alt < /tmp/aspell_data_yNPkES 2>&1`\nError: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".
Error executing `aspell -a --lang=en_US --encoding=utf-8 -H --rem-sgml-check=alt < /tmp/aspell_data_kamth5 2>&1`\nError: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".

I need this to keep pretending that I spik engrish very good!!!!!!

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 8

I was talking about headfi's own spell check. I can indeed use firefox check spelling with CTRL right click, so that's good I can keep pretending like I know what I'm writing.
biggrin.gif

but something happened on my side or headfi's that broke internet the ABC button.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 8
Ahh, ok.

Well, I never use spell-check (hate it, as it assumes, by default, that everyone on planet earth is American -  Americans seem to have this myopic view of the world that the USA is The World
rolleyes.gif
)

FWIW, I have noticed that there have been updates to the forum software, this past couple of days (the parser has definitely been upgraded - I know that because I've been continually updating a very long post at the beginning of the Chord Mojo thread, and it is now updating immediately, rather than taking around a minute to do so, before. I also noticed that Head-fi was briefly offline, around 20 hours ago, presumably for more updates to the Huddler software.

We don't yet know if there are more updates to come, but I suppose it is possible that your issue may disappear, at some point during the next few days.

If it doesn't, I suggest you PM Joe (administrator)

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 8
I am getting a similar message if not the same.

Error executing `aspell -a --lang=en_US --encoding=utf-8 -H --rem-sgml-check=alt < /tmp/aspell_data_GlmsDQ 2>&1`\nError: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 8
The error message suggests that the dicts used by the aspell instance (that powers the spell-checking plugin) cannot be found on the servers.

But what does that mean? Huddler seems to be using an older plugin for spell checking for their CKEditor instance, rather than the default used by upstream (powered by WebSpellChecker). The older version (spellerpages or something) uses aspell. The current version of CKEditor used in Huddler is a v4.x.x (4.5.4 to be exact), so I assume that this was the version they had been using (or some other fork that kept compatibility).

As an aside, it would be nice if they decide to move to a different plugin. The default one powered by WSC seem to be plastered with a couple of ads - perhaps that's why they had decided to stay with that older plugin? However, looking at the changelogs there seems to be a lot of neat stuff added to the SCAYT (spell check as you type) functionality - including GCAYT (grammar as you type)! It would just be nice to have SCAYT altogether. Not a fan of the find-&-replace interface for spell-checking. There seem to be other plugins out there as well.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 8
 works just fine now. I didn't change anything, so I'm guessing headfi did.

so problem apparently solved.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back