No Bose??
Jan 16, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #61 of 91
Hey I am wondering what amp can you put between a ipod and a headphone. I am not sure what it means. I know about the 650 but I have fallen in love a bit also with the design of the 750.
Are you coming to the meeting in terneuzen??

Jan 16, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I am wondering what amp can you put between a ipod and a headphone. I am not sure what it means. I know about the 650 but I have fallen in love a bit also with the design of the 750.

and I think considering the differces you bring up in favour of the 750 I will like them better than the senns

Jan 16, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

and I think considering the differces you bring up in favour of the 750 I will like them better than the senns

and sorry that was a wrong quote. I ment to react on you, dex

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #64 of 91
Quote:

I know about the 650 but I have fallen in love a bit also with the design of the 750.

Actually the design of the PROline 750
750prolinebx3.png
and PROline 650
650prolinetl7.png
is exactly the same. The major aesthetic differences are the color-scheme and the ear-pad material. The 650 feature black pleather (synthetic leather) pads and a black top-headband...

4ad5081d5549474e0942.jpg

...while the 750 employ a silver-gray velour pad and a white top-headband.

2209b78ff3f314188a20.jpg

Personally, I think that the 650s look more menacing for street-wear!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Hey I am wondering what amp can you put between a ipod and a headphone. I am not sure what it means.

The amplifier on-board an iPod is obviously very tiny and low-powered and, consequently, quite limited in it's ability to drive certain types of better headphones, like the PROline 750s, for example.

So a cottage industry has sprung up in the last few years, involving portable, battery-driven headphone amplifiers designed to address this very issue. Have a look around the Amplification Section and you'll find that there are literally dozens of such designs currently available and thoroughly discussed on Head-Fi.

The best sound to be had from an iPod is available through its line-out as contained at the bottom dock connector, bypassing the iPod's own internal amplifier. So, in order to get the best sound between an iPod and an external amplifier, you need an iPod to mini connector that looks like one of these:

U2%20black%20red%20400.jpg

I just recently got my first portable headphone amplifier. I chose the Go-Vibe V5, which starts at $75 for the basic model:

v5_front.jpg

v5_inside_xv0n.jpg

Difficult to tell from the photos, but the Go-Vibe is roughly the size of a cigarette pack. And the difference it makes over the iPod itself is quite simply astonishing!
wink.gif

Quote:

I certainly am, along with my Ultrasones, Go-Vibe and other goodies. And there will be lots of other amplifiers there to play with. So click on the link in my signature and go sign yourself up already!
280smile.gif

Cheers, Dex

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #66 of 91
I know but I like the colordifference. I never saw a partial white one. Looks fingerlicking..

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of bose in ear .I think , I want to say "IT's too bad,till now ,IHO!

...?

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #68 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of bose in ear .I think , I want to say "IT's too bad,till now ,IHO!

Said it before, and will say it again.
Bose IEM = Bose In Enema Molestation.
tongue.gif

Ok, i havent heard it yet...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can totally understand. But I haven't taken the opportunity to taste my 750s yet!
basshead.gif
tongue.gif
750prolinebx3.png

Hihi, I will try them
tongue.gif
and for sure let you know!!!
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #71 of 91
Do you get a confirmation if you sign in for the meeting? And at what time does the party begin?

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #74 of 91
A lively conversation...Wow that sure sounds more exciting then being behind your computer all day, talking to people you don't even know!!
icon10.gif

What a good thing I totally love my computer then haha
600smile.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #75 of 91
Quote:

A lively conversation...Wow that sure sounds more exciting then being behind your computer all day, talking to people you don't even know!!
icon10.gif

What a good thing I totally love my computer then haha
600smile.gif

I've never been to one of these things either, so I was being optimistic. Bring your computer just in case!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back