no bass in Ultrasone DJ1/HFI580?
Dec 30, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 23
I have the HFI 580 and I don't feel the bass to be lacking at all. It sounds full and lush while still being able to give me just the right amount of rattle I like.

Then again, I'm no basshead so maybe other peoples' tastes are for much more bass than I look for.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
I have the HFI 580 and I don't feel the bass to be lacking at all. It sounds full and lush while still being able to give me just the right amount of rattle I like.

Then again, I'm no basshead so maybe other peoples' tastes are for much more bass than I look for.

yeah, well we have a mainstream basshead here, so it's kinda different. the XB500 and XB700 should suffice. and they are cheap too. add in the E5 he already has and we have a winner :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #18 of 23
We may not even need the E5 -- the XB series of headphones is very easy to drive. Plus, the E5 has a slight roll off of the sub-bass, if I recall, I'd go with the Fiio E6 in this case if you really wanted a portable amp.

Quote:
yeah, well we have a mainstream basshead here, so it's kinda different. the XB500 and XB700 should suffice. and they are cheap too. add in the E5 he already has and we have a winner :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
We may not even need the E5 -- the XB series of headphones is very easy to drive. Plus, the E5 has a slight roll off of the sub-bass, if I recall, I'd go with the Fiio E6 in this case if you really wanted a portable amp.

i know the XB series are easy to drive. it's a known fact. but recommending another portable amp  that is just a minor upgrade to the E5? i've read the reveiws. There aren't any things to fix in the E5. the E6 just adds some new internal thigns like hiss and what not if i remember corectly. buying a very minor upgrade that could just be called a revision is not a good suggestion. considering he already has the E5

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #20 of 23
Ah, my apologies. I got him mixed up with the other guy who had bass problems with the HFI-580 and misread the bit about already having it. The marginal gains from upgrading your amp from E5 to E6 won't be worth it.

Quote:

i know the XB series are easy to drive. it's a known fact. but recommending another portable amp  that is just a minor upgrade to the E5? i've read the reveiws. There aren't any things to fix in the E5. the E6 just adds some new internal thigns like hiss and what not if i remember corectly. buying a very minor upgrade that could just be called a revision is not a good suggestion. considering he already has the E5

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #21 of 23
it's so difficult to quantify something like the amount of bass headphones have over the internet. you guys say the hfi580 have enough "rattle"... mine would never come close to actually shaking, or being able to feel the bass while holding the cans in my hand. do yours do this?

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 23
I wouldn't expect any headphones, except for the Skullcandy Skullcrushers (which have vibrators built into the housing, not because of the bass) to really actually shake like violently. You really seem to be more to be into sub-bass, the deep feel-it-more-than-you-hear-it kind of bass, though. The XB500 or XB700 is about as close as you're going to get to capping out that type of bass.

Quote:
it's so difficult to quantify something like the amount of bass headphones have over the internet. you guys say the hfi580 have enough "rattle"... mine would never come close to actually shaking, or being able to feel the bass while holding the cans in my hand. do yours do this?

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
I wouldn't expect any headphones, except for the Skullcandy Skullcrushers (which have vibrators built into the housing, not because of the bass) to really actually shake like violently. You really seem to be more to be into sub-bass, the deep feel-it-more-than-you-hear-it kind of bass, though. The XB500 or XB700 is about as close as you're going to get to capping out that type of bass.

+1 like we say :) XB500 or XB700! go try one out at the local best buy
oo and you probably don't feel the bass since it's not burned in yet. when i first got mine, the bass was very small too. read the pre 10 hour sound quality section of my review :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back