NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1,621 of 1,640
WOW! That seems like a quick turnaround! I'm sure Christian wouldn't have minded you keeping them around a little longer (maybe not until your birthday). And, yes, both Piety & PMax are great to have in the stable.
Being retired I have time to play in between home projects.
Having the blessing of having a ton of good stuff around most of the time makes up for this.

It doesnt take me long to form an opinion etc.
I rotate all kinds of stuff here every few days....

This am after replacing the Pierty pot and testing with MB2. I am back to one of my "gold" standards.
My PassLabs HPA-1 with an older Burr Brown chipped dac...
Another lovely pairing...really bests alot of stuff..but again for my ears....

1710178196422.png

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,622 of 1,640
I have sent the units back to Nitsch and this am I replaced a noisy pot on my Piety....pretty simple here for me.
Some of the smaller ALPS pots seem to have noisy wipers and low end tracking might be a tad off...again for me its splitting hairs.
The Piety Maximus with the larger pot doesn't have these issues! Its a 50K pot if anyone wants to know.

You never will notice these things when listening...mostly my anal-retentive engineering look at things like this!

So we are already missing the Maximus!
Stuck with my Piety...listening now with Rad 0's similar to the D8000 Pros...and Roberta Flack sounds grand !
Schiit MB2 with Piety very decent pairng...

1710176505580.png

Might have to spring for one when my B-day comes around!!

:>)
Alex
Glad you enjoyed the PMax!

For my taste I find PMax a bit too refined/relaxed. But it might be because of the genre of music I listen to. Sometimes I listen to rock where you want the cymbals to be splashy and guitar distortion to be edgy.

In that regard I think Piety is a bit more suitable for genre that requires a bit more edge or "oomph".

But it's ok this is why we own multiple gear for everything. :laughing:

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,623 of 1,640
Glad you enjoyed the PMax!

For my taste I find PMax a bit too refined/relaxed. But it might be because of the genre of music I listen to. Sometimes I listen to rock where you want the cymbals to be splashy and guitar distortion to be edgy.

In that regard I think Piety is a bit more suitable for genre that requires a bit more edge or "oomph".

But it's ok this is why we own multiple gear for everything. :laughing:
Yeah, when I want bright, like breaking glass stuff like,,,,I usually use the ADX 5000's...
Planars a little dark for sure for the most part.
Grados were bright as well,,,several sets all gone now.

Have HE 1000se's on the way, curious to see how I like these cans.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #1,624 of 1,640
Grados were bright as well,,,several sets all gone now.
I still think Grado is godly for rock or live performance. :relaxed:

Too bad my wife doesn't like them, not that she doesn't like Grado, she loves the Grado sound.

She just doesn't like it when I wear them because she will hear my music which is disruptive to her watching Korean drama.

When she wears them it's fine. :laughing:

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #1,625 of 1,640
I still think Grado is godly for rock or live performance. :relaxed:

Too bad my wife doesn't like them, not that she doesn't like Grado, she loves the Grado sound.

She just doesn't like it when I wear them because she will hear my music which is disruptive to her watching Korean drama.

When she wears them it's fine. :laughing:
Ha, maybe Grado will make a closed back version someday??
Hmmm..
Probably not...
:>)

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #1,627 of 1,640
Great, I read through 109 pages and what is the first thing I do this morning? I find a like new Piety on eBay and get it for $119. On PiDay no less! Should be here next week some time.

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #1,628 of 1,640
Great, I read through 109 pages and what is the first thing I do this morning? I find a like new Piety on eBay and get it for $119. On PiDay no less! Should be here next week some time.
At least you bought it in the morning with a clear mind.

I find around 2-3 am right before I go to bed is the worst time for impulse purchases.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #1,631 of 1,640
I only got to listen to the Piety for a short time yesterday as I was pretty busy. Sounded good, very similar to the Magni+. OK I could see where some of you are saying you hear little to no difference. I went to listen to it this morning and I noticed the gain switch was still down in low gain! I flipped it up to high and she came ALIVE. Holographic 3D sound like I have never heard before. Sounds from way outside my head. The Vali3 is going to have to really impress me when it get here.
Thank you CEE TEE for bringing this amazing little amp to market!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #1,634 of 1,640
Mar 17, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #1,635 of 1,640

Users who are viewing this thread

Back