NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,441 of 1,640
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #1,443 of 1,640
Does anyone else get static noise when turning the Piety volume knob?
As others have noted earlier in this thread, yes, I do get the noise but ONLY when turning/adjusting the knob. Doesn't interfere with listening at all.

Jul 13, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #1,444 of 1,640
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,445 of 1,640

I have never noticed any static with the volume knob on my Piety.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #1,446 of 1,640
From an email I received from Christian at NITSCH (CEE TEE):

"Totally OK and normal to have a bit of noise when you turn pot and have no music playing.

To get the sound of Piety, it is using Bipolar transistors instead of JFET transistors. This plus no coupling caps in the signal path gives you Piety sound but the circuit can have a little more “chuffing” sound when using sensitive headphones (the 99 Noirs are sensitive) and no music is playing.

I listen to every amp myself and try to weed anything out that is too noisy by using Focal Clear headphones."

Jul 13, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,448 of 1,640
Yes, I get a bit of static as it turns to about the 10 o'clock position but it stops as soon as I stop moving the knob.

As others have noted earlier in this thread, yes, I do get the noise but ONLY when turning/adjusting the knob. Doesn't interfere with listening at all.
Likewise, it goes away when the knob is not moving.

Jul 15, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #1,449 of 1,640
I seem to have ended up with an unusual variation on the LED failure. Mine will now run for 5-10 minutes with the LED lit, and then it flickers for a few seconds and goes out. I assume this is the PCB expanding as it warms up and eventually separates one of the solder joints on the LED. The amp still works fine, though, so I'm not sure it's worth doing anything about it.

Jul 16, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #1,450 of 1,640
I seem to have ended up with an unusual variation on the LED failure. Mine will now run for 5-10 minutes with the LED lit, and then it flickers for a few seconds and goes out. I assume this is the PCB expanding as it warms up and eventually separates one of the solder joints on the LED. The amp still works fine, though, so I'm not sure it's worth doing anything about it.

Christian has stated previously that the LED only indicates that the power is on. It has no effect on the audio.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back