NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #766 of 1,640
4E59F5F6-5CA8-416E-9911-06B2B85A7FEC.jpeg

Yes it does.

Dec 26, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #768 of 1,640
Mine should be in in about a week or so, as I'm getting it shipped to Canada via USPS.
Lol mine was going to be the same but somehow adding a $5 silver knob for Magni pushed it over the limit so my cheapest shipping becomes FedEx only to Canada, plus is that now it comes faster.

EDIT: on another note, my friend warned me about replacing knob. Something about it might make it too loose to put it back later or something might screw up. Anyone tried replace the knob yet?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #769 of 1,640
Eager to hear how people feel about pairing the Modi Multibit 2 with the Piety.
I feel the same so far everyone report it's been "good" but I think everyone still trying to burn in / test the water so don't have any more descriptive review yet.

As if it's better / worse / same compare to previous dac.

Hopefully something soon!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #770 of 1,640
Eager to hear how people feel about pairing the Modi Multibit 2 with the Piety.

My prediction is it will be like pretty much everything else in this hobby.

Some will love it, some will dislike it and there will be a bunch if us that don’t actually hear much difference at all and will be somewhat ambivalent and you won’t hear their thoughts.

I messed with the earlier Modi Multibit into a Woo WA6 tube amp and a Heresy and I didn’t hear anything particularly special that leapt out at me as the “Multibit flavour”.

I tried 5 different portable DACs into the Piety before choosing to buy a new Modi Plus, to my ear they all sounded a great deal more the same than different and the Modi Plus continues that trend. It sounds good as I am sure the Multibit will as well.

The only combination of gear that I heard a distinct lack of “synergy” with was a Chord Mojo into a Schiit Magni 3, that set up had a harsh glare that was very unappealing. Other than that I don’t hear the big changes that some people talk about and I venture a guess that I am a long way from alone.

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #771 of 1,640
My prediction is it will be like pretty much everything else in this hobby.

Some will love it, some will dislike it and there will be a bunch if us that don’t actually hear much difference at all and will be somewhat ambivalent and you won’t hear their thoughts.

I messed with the earlier Modi Multibit into a Woo WA6 tube amp and a Heresy and I didn’t hear anything particularly special that leapt out at me as the “Multibit flavour”.

I tried 5 different portable DACs into the Piety before choosing to buy a new Modi Plus, to my ear they all sounded a great deal more the same than different and the Modi Plus continues that trend. It sounds good as I am sure the Multibit will as well.

The only combination of gear that I heard a distinct lack of “synergy” with was a Chord Mojo into a Schiit Magni 3, that set up had a harsh glare that was very unappealing. Other than that I don’t hear the big changes that some people talk about and I venture a guess that I am a long way from alone.
I appreciate this. I want to hear all sides of a product before I purchase it.

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #772 of 1,640
I didn’t hear anything particularly special that leapt out at me as the “Multibit flavour”.
What kind of music? Multibit and electronica don't distinguish all those multiple bits :wink:

Dec 27, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #774 of 1,640
Lol mine was going to be the same but somehow adding a $5 silver knob for Magni pushed it over the limit so my cheapest shipping becomes FedEx only to Canada, plus is that now it comes faster.

EDIT: on another note, my friend warned me about replacing knob. Something about it might make it too loose to put it back later or something might screw up. Anyone tried replace the knob yet?
Yea, here's to hoping no customs fees for you. I went with USPS for less of a chance of it requiring customs fees.

Dec 27, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #775 of 1,640
Yea, here's to hoping no customs fees for you. I went with USPS for less of a chance of it requiring customs fees.
Yeahhhhhhh I got charged like $60 ish CAD for customs through FedEx, sighhhh. USPS is a bit better in the sense that it's 50% they might or might not charge you lol.

But I kind of wanted the silver knob and also USPS lost my Bifrost 2 before so I was a bit skeptical so I went with FedEx instead.

Issue of buying things outside Canada. :sob:

Dec 27, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #776 of 1,640
Got an Eta Mini C for Christmas. The MagPi sounds so good and I don't have to EQ like with the Beyerdynamics DT770.

Dec 31, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #777 of 1,640
So..I want to ask a noob question. Did anyone here find the Piety to sound better after leaving it turned on for a few hours? I did this last night and I found the little amp sound better through my HD6xx this morning :)) My Piety is brand new and just run for less than 24 hours. After one night the amp was just barely warm, all my other amps would be hot if I did this.

Dec 31, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #779 of 1,640
So..I want to ask a noob question. Did anyone here find the Piety to sound better after leaving it turned on for a few hours? I did this last night and I found the little amp sound better through my HD6xx this morning :)) My Piety is brand new and just run for less than 24 hours. After one night the amp was just barely warm, all my other amps would be hot if I did this.
Yes, in my experience there's a noticeable improvement when the Piety is left on for at least a few hours.

On an aside, I must say that I am surprised at the elevated prices used Pietys are selling for. In some instances, nearly three times
the Piety's $149 retail price, once the appropriate sales tax and shipping costs are applied. The law of diminishing returns should apply
here. I have personally found though, that when used with a quality source, dac and headphones that are well suited to the Piety's
sonic characteristics, there is something very musical about this diminutive headphone amplifier. I plan on keeping mine, as I suspect
most Piety owners will. And that means that the small float of Pietys on the used market will likely continue to sell at a premium.
At least for the time being.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #780 of 1,640
EDIT: SOLD right away--thanks, Josh!

Advance Notice: Piety coming up for sale

Piety fans, or Piety seekers, I'm planning to advertise mine for sale, and wanted to give you good people first shot at it if anyone's interested. It's a really fun amp but I'm just comfy with my good old very-laid-back Vali 2. Excellent condition, with power supply, original box and papers. I paid $160 and would like to almost break even, so planning to advertise it for $170 total including US-48 shipping, and I'll eat the PayPal fee. A few pics follow. Link to my trader feedback here. Interested? Please PM.

Piety1.jpgPiety2.jpgPiety3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back