NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #153 of 1,642
Anyone know what power supplies these things use and if previous Magni's had benefited from any upgraded PSU's? Wondering if they'd benefit from some other power supplies I have lying around.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #154 of 1,642
I'm 1702 also in Canada, definitely not getting it any time soon lol. :sob:
1207 for me. I'm betting the 1 denotes the first product Cee Tee shipped - the Piety, and 207 means mine is the 207th order placed. I placed mine 3-4 minutes after the order button went live.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #155 of 1,642
Yeah excited to get mine! What are you all looking forward to pairing with it?
I have 2 open-back cans, the Sennheiser HD650 (new this year) and Hifiman Sundara, also new this year. Like someone else posted, I'm wondering what the Piety will sound like as a preamp through speakers. I have powered Fluance bookshelf speakers on my desk and big Wharfedales in my family room.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #156 of 1,642
Anyone know what power supplies these things use and if previous Magni's had benefited from any upgraded PSU's? Wondering if they'd benefit from some other power supplies I have lying around.

If I recall I've always been told never to mess with the power on the Magni cause of the way the power is delivered. If my memory serves me right its because its delivers AC not DC.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #157 of 1,642

No. The 'power supply' is really just a mains transformer stepping down to low voltage AC. The meat of the power supply is entirely internal.

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #159 of 1,642
Nov 21, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #160 of 1,642

From what I understand there’s pretty much nothing you can do to improve the power supply because you can only use the one that comes with it. It’s an AC block not DC, you might be able make a small improvement by plugging it in to a RF/EMI filtered power strip though.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #161 of 1,642
Canada-gang! 1186 for me. I need to wait 2 weeks though since I shipped it to a post box in the US and will need to go pick it up.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #162 of 1,642
I have 2 open-back cans, the Sennheiser HD650 (new this year) and Hifiman Sundara, also new this year. Like someone else posted, I'm wondering what the Piety will sound like as a preamp through speakers. I have powered Fluance bookshelf speakers on my desk and big Wharfedales in my family room.
I'll be testing how it works with my speaker setup as a pre which is quite revealing. Will be fun to put the Piety through the paces. Good sets of cans too! I'm real curious about the Sundaras - as I really did like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back