NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #481 of 1,640
I'm a fan of jam bands and live music. Oddly, I've never really listened to the Allman Brothers Band. I'm listening to the Deluxe version of "Eat a Peach" with the Piety, streamed lossless via Apple Music. I have the analog bass boost engaged on the iFi Zen Dac 2. The Loki Mini+ has the dials set at 1:00, 12:00, 12:00, 1:30. The headphones are the HD650's. I'm currently listening to the 33.39 minute-long "Mountain Jam" recorded live at the Filmore East, 1971. The music in this hardware configuration sounds amazing. I'm grinning ear-to ear. The low-end is gorgeous, very present but not overbearing, nice and deep; it sounds like a concert sounds, if that makes sense. The music overall has a richness, warmth, and fullness that I've been looking for. Is it redundant to say I'm loving the Piety? The Magni 3+ and Vali 2++ will be gathering dust for the foreseeable future, at least until I build a Schiit stack in my basement work office.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #482 of 1,640
Took me a little while to appreciate it but Piety is the best solid state amplifier I have heard, how did they do this for such a low price?

Went back to to my Magni+ again tonight and wow I really don't like it anymore, soft, dull, congested and just nowhere near as engaging. Imo this topology should be perfected in an Asgard sized chassis with a proper power supply, just to think what Jason could achieve with more pcb space and a bigger parts bill!

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #483 of 1,640
Any news/rumor that another run will be in the future?

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #484 of 1,640
Any news/rumor that another run will be in the future?

Looks like its going to be a one time only deal, it was designed around transistors that are no longer available.

20220722-124654 2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #485 of 1,640
Took me a little while to appreciate it but Piety is the best solid state amplifier I have heard, how did they do this for such a low price?

Went back to to my Magni+ again tonight and wow I really don't like it anymore, soft, dull, congested and just nowhere near as engaging. Imo this topology should be perfected in an Asgard sized chassis with a proper power supply, just to think what Jason could achieve with more pcb space and a bigger parts bill!
That would be a "Shut up and take my money!" product, 100%.

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #488 of 1,640
Oh absolutely, I love how clear and open it sounds without being harsh.
I'm almost regretting not buying 2: 1 either as a backup or for another headphone stack.

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #489 of 1,640
Glad I'm not the only one wowed by the openness. The first note after firing this thing up and I thought to myself "surely I'm not hearing this right". Such a big sound in a little box.

To my ears the sound stage is no longer so small on the HD6X0 and that is a feat in itself at the price. HD800 must sound incredibly wide and spacious with a Piety.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #490 of 1,640
Been listening to the Piety for the past few days too using my ZMF VC and Hifiman Edition XS. At first listen I was blown away by the sound coming out from something so tiny and inexpensive. It easily bests the Drop Carbon X and Singxer SA-1 solid states I have in terms of overall sound. I want a full blown balanced amp of the Piety.

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #491 of 1,640
Been listening to the Piety for the past few days too using my ZMF VC and Hifiman Edition XS. At first listen I was blown away by the sound coming out from something so tiny and inexpensive. It easily bests the Drop Carbon X and Singxer SA-1 solid states I have in terms of overall sound. I want a full blown balanced amp of the Piety.
well it's time to get another one and run them dual mono :wink:

Dec 5, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #492 of 1,640

Finally, someone who agrees with me. 😅

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #494 of 1,640
@Ricey20 - glad to see you still dabbling in the hobby. CEE TEE is serious about delivering exceptional values in the hobby. I've been enjoying mine, but not sure if beats the Vali 2+ in my setup. They are both rather open for a Schiit amp.
lol I'm assuming having an actual tube amp allow you to scale up and down depending on tube used.

I've heard of tales of someone using a $300+ tube on Vali 2+ then it makes it amazing LOL.

I guess with tube amp we always need to decide at which point the tube out weights the cost of the amp itself.

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #495 of 1,640
lol I'm assuming having an actual tube amp allow you to scale up and down depending on tube used.

I've heard of tales of someone using a $300+ tube on Vali 2+ then it makes it amazing LOL.

I guess with tube amp we always need to decide at which point the tube out weights the cost of the amp itself.

Very good point if comparing to a tube amp.

Saying “Vali 2+” doesn’t mean much if there was $500 worth of multiple tube rolling to get the Vali to sound that good. The total cost is then about 5 times that of the Piety.

I have done the tube thing with a Woo WA6. Sold it, I prefer the Piety overall and it is vastly better bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back