NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #31 of 1,640
Did anyone get their magni piety? i was out just now and saw that it was available for order.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #32 of 1,640
Did anyone get their magni piety? i was out just now and saw that it was available for order.
Nope. Website still says 'Get Notified'.

Patience Iago.png

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #33 of 1,640
Oh.. yeah he managed to nab one while it was active. Like the payment went through and everything. What does that mean for him? Does he get one, or does he get refunded?
They will be contacted their orders will be refunded. There was a bug in the code, which has now been fixed. We want to make it fair for everyone involved and they would need to wait till 9am PT on Nov 20th to place in their orders with everybody else.

Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Nov 17, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #35 of 1,640
Do you sell worldwide? Otherwise where to buy in Europe?

Nov 17, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #37 of 1,640
All of the Schiit Magni series amps perform fairly well....
Its been a long journey for sure.
Jason in the "master" Schitt thread has shared the "many" versions on the Magni road to todays offerings.
Many just dont make it out the door.

Its great that Christian has picked up this Piety version.
It will be a collector's item for sure.

I still have my OG Magni and have gone thru all the other Magnis. Still have the Magni 3 +. Hersey was too "analytical" for my "ear".
Also the Vali 2 + is another favorite.

Hope to have a Piety here soon!!
A great time in headphone audio!
:>)
Alex

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #38 of 1,640
All of the Schiit Magni series amps perform fairly well....
Its been a long journey for sure.
Jason in the "master" Schitt thread has shared the "many" versions on the Magni road to todays offerings.
Many just dont make it out the door.

Its great that Christian has picked up this Piety version.
It will be a collector's item for sure.

I still have my OG Magni and have gone thru all the other Magnis. Still have the Magni 3 +. Hersey was too "analytical" for my "ear".
Also the Vali 2 + is another favorite.

Hope to have a Piety here soon!!
A great time in headphone audio!
:>)
Alex
The Magni 3 and 3+ have very compressed sound imo. I owned the Mani2 and 2u long time ago so I cannot remember exactly but they are not as compressed as the newer Magni 3. Though the tone on the Magni3 and 3+ is quite sweet. I cannot stand compressed sounding amps/dacs. I highly double the newest Plus version is much different in that aspect. But I have been reading many reviews said the Piety having a deep and open sound, that is so exciting.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #39 of 1,640
The Magni 3 and 3+ have very compressed sound imo. I owned the Mani2 and 2u long time ago so I cannot remember exactly but they are not as compressed as the newer Magni 3. Though the tone on the Magni3 and 3+ is quite sweet. I cannot stand compressed sounding amps/dacs. I highly double the newest Plus version is much different in that aspect. But I have been reading many reviews said the Piety having a deep and open sound, that is so exciting.
I totally dis-agree with the Magni 3 and 3+ as being compressed.
We all hear differently and often listen to different sources.
So I get and respect your experience.

So many variables in the audio chain.

The Piety is being touted as having tube like characteristics.

Solid state practicality, tube-like sound​

Piety’s design is a new take on the Continuity circuit used in the Jotunheim 2. Its output stage features a massively-paralleled transistor design that creates some triode-like characteristics. In plain English, Piety is half the size of a Jotunheim 2, uses smaller transistors, and was tweaked for a bit of tube-like sound.

Hopefully early next week I will be able to compare and contrast.

All the best
Alex

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #40 of 1,640
I totally know what you mean by compressed sounding. I owned an M3 early on and didn’t notice the compression until I upgraded to a THX 789. Compression was definitely noticeable when I compared them directly. After hearing the Piety, I told @XERO1 that I noticed it didn’t have the compression I heard with the M3. Either way, it was able to convey the speed, dynamic range, and detail of the Ares II it was connected to without compromise to my ear.

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #41 of 1,640
Damn....... I just bought a tube amp recently (still on the way). Though I'm always intrigued on tube sounding solid state amps.

Since I'm working from home I need something that I can leave on all day for meetings and listen to music at night time without having to swap amps. Originally Lyr+ would've been perfect but I didn't want to spend that much money. :sweat_smile:

I also previously had Project Polaris that's another tube sounding solid state, but it had other issues so I sold it lol.

Looking forward to impressions on this one. :relaxed::thumbsup:

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #44 of 1,640
So uhhhhh I understand it's a limited run but how "limited" are we talking about?

Like can I afford to wait for a review before I purchase or do I need to have the credit card ready right at the second it launches LOL. :sweat_smile:
I believe there are 1,000 units.
I should have one here on Tuesday and will try to post my impressions asap.

Alex

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #45 of 1,640
Any of the earlier listeners get some ear time with the new Magni+ also? Vali 2+ reassured me that things in this size / price can still sound great. I think I paid the same for a Go-Vibe when that was still active here - not the same ballpark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back