Nintendo Wii First Impressions
Dec 3, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #151 of 169
Clever way to save us a massive quote. Nice!

Dec 3, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #152 of 169
Dec 3, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #153 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I made a Wii friends list that people can add to.

I'll add my name once I have a Wii. Wonder why no one else has. Bad visibility?

Dec 3, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #154 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll add my name once I have a Wii. Wonder why no one else has. Bad visibility?

I can only assume. This is the first link I posted to it.

Dec 3, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #155 of 169
I got a Wii, an extra controller, Zelda and Excite Truck on opening day. Excite Truck is a great game- you steer by tilting the controller left and right. Wii Sports is fun too. I think Zelda is cool, but I'm stuck on the first dungeon. I have had a similar experience as a lot of other posters- I tend to be the only video game fan in the house, but since my family saw me playing Wii Sports for the first time, they have been playing nearly as much as me.

Now I'm just waiting for the extension cable to the sensor bar to be released, so I can connect the Wii to our home theater system (the projecter screen is too far away for the cable to reach, currently).

Dec 3, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #157 of 169
On IGN, they say that you can just light two candles and the light given off by the candles will substitute in a pinch. Of course, the greater the intensity of the IR source, the farther away you can be from the screen so your results may vary.

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #158 of 169
I just played the wii and ps3 at microcenter. Is the ps3 controller the same as the ps2 one? I don't like the feel of the controller. I have a 360. Maybe i'm just used to it.

I then played some tennis on the wii. Graphics were awful but the game is pretty fun. This would make a great game for parties. My only concern is with all the reports of controllers getting thrown into the screen of tvs.

I think the 360 and ps3 will compete and the wii will be a great compliment to either. I'm seriously considering getting one to compliment my 360. Anyone want to buy an rs-1?
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #159 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone want to buy an rs-1?
tongue.gif

I'd trade my Wii for an RS-1 any day, any time.

Dec 4, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #161 of 169
ps3 controller only has minor differences such as the round playstation button in the middle and the changed r2 and l2 buttons

360 + wii = good combo for the price of a ps3

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #162 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With an avatar and location like that you aren't going to get a Wii?
biggrin.gif

No, it just getting my priorities right. I just ordered a GS-1 and the total price can purchase pre released premium priced ps3 in Singapore. My friends critised me ' You are mad!!!' I am a casual gamer but a serious music lover.

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #163 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it just getting my priorities right. I just ordered a GS-1 and the total price can purchase pre released premium priced ps3 in Singapore. My friends critised me ' You are mad!!!' I am a casual gamer but a serious music lover.

I'll make room for both! The good thing for you is that you are all set now and if you change your mind down the road you will get one way cheaper.

Good luck with the GS-1's!

Dec 4, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #164 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ps3 controller only has minor differences such as the round playstation button in the middle and the changed r2 and l2 buttons

It also lacks the rumble feature and has a tilt-motion-sensor-thingy. (which appears to be gimmicky/not-so-useful from what I read)

Quote:

360 + wii = good combo for the price of a ps3

You can buy an xbox360 + wii for around the same price as ps3, sure, but you still ain't gonna be able to play playstation titles. Like others have said, I think people will complement both systems with the wii, since each console has dedicated games that others don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back