Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth leaked onto the net in full earlier today
Apr 18, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #46 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
after about 5 listens, i think the album is pretty dang good, except for The Hand That Feeds, which i still don't like..

Well, this is good news. If you think "The Hand That Feeds" is the worst track (I didn't like it either) then maybe they're still hope for the album being decent.

Apr 18, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #47 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
heh, speaking of Trent having to pay the bills, he ocassionaly sells his old stuff on ebay. there is a guy at the Ars Technica forum that bought a 21" Apple CRT Studio Display from him, and Trent signed it in white paint. how cool is that!?

Damn, I wonder what Reznor's ebay name is?

Apr 18, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #48 of 58
I'm gonna wait till it comes out, i was never big on downloaded official albums. As for live material, i'll wait long after listening to the studio material so i can compare the differences and enjoy them too. I never got into the Fragile, even though i have been listening to parts of it recently.

Apr 18, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Memorabilia is a) a Soft Cell cover and b) doesn't mention collecting things in a net so no, it's nowhere near as bad lyrically.

Yeah, but there's a definate theme of collecting things here. Perhaps he likes to go to auctions and go antiqueing.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #50 of 58
I certainly mean no offense here, but some of you guys are insane!

I managed to track down the album, and I have to admit I love it. I'm on my 3rd time through today, and IMO it's a very strong effort. The style seems to sample a little from his entire career but with a new-found (or rediscovered) concise and focused approach. Now that I've heard all the tracks, I'm suprised that any NIN fan couldn't find at least a few that they really liked.

I'm very impressed with this disc, and I'm looking forward to the official release so I can purchase it and get it playing on my home setup!!!

Anyway, I'm done...

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #51 of 58
Well I just finished listening to the album for the second time. While with teeth is different and softer than his previous work, I must say that I am very impressed. It is a good album, very well suited to headphone listening IMHO especially the first, and the last 2 songs.

For me the fragile is my favorite, with teeth coming second and TDS third. I have not yead heard pretty hate machine, is it good? I can not wait to get my hands on the dualdisc to hear it in high res. Anyone else have a dvd-audio player ready for this album?

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
Hey I am still going to buy the DVD-A version when it comes out in a few weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

If I come across something I normally want to listen to, I download it then buy the album when it comes out. That way I am supporting the band and getting to listen right away.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #54 of 58
Album still isn't doing anything for me. Gets better in the later stages, but there's far too much I don't like about the earlier tracks. Guess my overall favorite is Beside You In Time.

With-eh teeth-AH. Yeesh.

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
With-eh teeth-AH. Yeesh.

*L* No doubt, the lyrics are well, yeah, well I like the stellar production (can't imagine how good it will sound on CD!), and the hooks. Hey, I am hook junkie, what can I say?

My thought is that With Teeth is parady along the lines of Big Man with a Gun.
If it isn't and instead it is more earnest like Reptile - well that is just sad.

I do dig the tunes though!

Apr 25, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #56 of 58
After repeated listenings and allowing this to sink in for a while, the only tracks I find myself going back too are Everyday Is Exactly The Same, The Line Begins To Blur, and Beside You in Time.

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #58 of 58
I'll be buying the CD, but I'm scared and have been since I heard he uprooted from New Orleans and moved to LA... that's almost never a good sign.

I also, want to say how bad I feel for guys who've been around forever. You have this huge batch of work to add up to and at that point, it's much easier to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back