NIN-With Teeth
May 29, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 46
Okay Edipis, how many Bjork tracks? If it is less, you have to change your avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
including bootlegs? 507
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
..... ok, you definately get to keep your avatar.

May 30, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i have 278
biggrin.gif

lol thats it? I have over 500 nin tracks including australlian and japanese imports.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #35 of 46
NIN pulls out of MTV Movie Awards over dispute of using Bush image.

NIN News

Interesting how completely censored and pathetic MTV has become not allowing undoctored photo of our president to be displayed during performance. How shocking that rock musicians would write war protest songs..........
tongue.gif

May 30, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
NIN pulls out of MTV Movie Awards over dispute of using Bush image.

NIN News

Interesting how completely censored and pathetic MTV has become not allowing undoctored photo of our president to be displayed during performance. How shocking that rock musicians would write war protest songs..........
tongue.gif

How about eminem, saying "screw Bush" in one of his songs
tongue.gif

May 30, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
How about eminem, saying "screw Bush" in one of his songs
tongue.gif

MTV, which I never watch since they started to ignore the M, is just a corporate entity controlled by Viacom and CBS [remember the pre-election CBS News story with the mistake about the documentation concerning President Bush's national guard service...]. MTV tries so hard to be the network of teenage rebellion or whatever, but in the end they are a corporate puppet and they're not going to go up against the White House again. Look at the garbage they show on MTV and NIN can't do a war protest song in front of a picture of our President...unbelieveable!

May 30, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
lol thats it? I have over 500 nin tracks including australlian and japanese imports.
biggrin.gif

Hey, that is more than me you crazy NIN bastage!
__

Well, I was foiled by sly ol' Edipis again. Till next time mi amigo....sleep with one eye open....
__

I glad MTV denied Mr. Reznor. Deep down, he might be happy. Afterall, who wants to angst out in front of a teenybopper mosh pit while 50 cent is walking down the aile distracting you with bling. If anything it will add to NIN's 'dangerous' street cred. In fact, it was a ploy all along. I figured it out!

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #40 of 46
Wow, With Teeth is a fantastic record. First impression for me is VERY favorable. Yeah, the Fragile is HUGE, expansive, ambitious, but it's also (arguably) *bloated* and padded with a lot of gee-whiz-look-how-expensive-my-studio-is filler. I was able to reduce it to a single CD-R and I sold the original, it's much better in the streamlined form for me anyway.

With Teeth focuses on his strengths, it's more concise and to the point. Very enjoyable!

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Wow, With Teeth is a fantastic record. First impression for me is VERY favorable. Yeah, the Fragile is HUGE, expansive, ambitious, but it's also (arguably) *bloated* and padded with a lot of gee-whiz-look-how-expensive-my-studio-is filler. I was able to reduce it to a single CD-R and I sold the original, it's much better in the streamlined form for me anyway.

With Teeth focuses on his strengths, it's more concise and to the point. Very enjoyable!

Sounds like I should buy it. I thought The Fragile gave off an "im so cool, look at my awesome album" vibe
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif
Although, "The Mark Has Been Made" is a really cool track.

How would you compare With Teeth to the 1989 release Pretty Hate Machine? That is my benchmark for NIN stuff, everything after that was only so-so IMHO, maybe a couple good songs per album.

Jun 4, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #42 of 46
I can't say that I like this new NIN that much on the first listening session
through the whole thing, but I can already say that I don't regret the
investment. There is good material on it...I mean it IS Trent. I guess I have to
listen to it some more to enjoy the whole thing better. It's like that with NIN and
me.

Jun 5, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I can't say that I like this new NIN that much on the first listening session
through the whole thing, but I can already say that I don't regret the
investment. There is good material on it...I mean it IS Trent. I guess I have to
listen to it some more to enjoy the whole thing better. It's like that with NIN and
me.

I can't agree more! I think it's like that for most people and NIN, it's just most people don't give it a chance after hearing all the unnatural sounds. It usually takes me at least
5 listens to really get the feel for any NIN, but after that, I can't put it down!

One of my favorite things about NIN is that after years of listening to the same records, I still hear sounds in the background I never heard before. Theres so many sounds in every song it takes you a lot of listens to get it all through your head!

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #45 of 46
I've not yet picked up the album, but I listened to the whole thing on Myspace. Good album, very similar to The Fragile, which is the only NIN album I can stand listening to. I might be picking this one up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back