Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Jul 19, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #1,502 of 1,790
No that sound is normal - it’s the volume pot. The sound I was hearing was a faint sound with no music playing. It would happen then go away.

The sound from your video, from what I can tell is from the volume pot and normal for the Niimbus.
mine only appears on the right channel
Tweeter emits noise and noticeable signal from time to time
My friends think this shouldn't happen

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #1,505 of 1,790
And the suggestion b
Yes turn the volume pot quite quickly with no music on around especaily around the volume you are hearing this.
Do this about 8 to 10 times then lower the volume play the music and use the remote again to test.
It should be gone.
To me there is a build up of something in the reed-relay attenuator.

Does not happen to everyone but it happens to me if I exclusively use the remote and never turn the pot by hand.

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #1,506 of 1,790
Yes turn the volume pot quite quickly with no music on around especaily around the volume you are hearing this.
Do this about 8 to 10 times then lower the volume play the music and use the remote again to test.
It should be gone.
To me there is a build up of something in the reed-relay attenuator.

Does not happen to everyone but it happens to me if I exclusively use the remote and never turn the pot by hand.
Had the same phenomenon and it disappeared after applying your procedure.
Thanks 👍😀

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,507 of 1,790
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #1,508 of 1,790
I mean, the built-in dac of the v590 mk2 is quite weak... I didn't want to believe my ears that a 3700 euro device doesn't have a dac of such performance and quality integrated that there are audible differences compared to stand-alone dac devices.... I used the v590 mk2 allinone 1-2 years ago. I know well what it sounds like with active speakers and headphones. I bought an smsl do 300 device, I thought I would listen to the v590 mk2, since I only had an rca cable at home, that was the only way I could connect it. so the snr and dnr range of the dac is 127 db. with xlr cable 134 db... :))) with rca cable also wiped the floor, simply put, v590 mk2 with built-in double 9026 pro. the entire middle range is much calmer, more natural, clearer, you can listen for as long as you want, the crosstalk is on a completely different level, therefore the imaging, resolution, space, atmosphere are also much better... all this at a clearly audible level... of course, good and experienced hearing is also required... .. so I didn't think I'd say honestly that a 550 dollar dac would eat it for breakfast, but that's the reality. also from a technical point of view, dac has the best results in all areas... So this is a real high-end reference dac regardless of price. it is certain that from now on I will only recommend Violectric amplifiers to anyone.

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #1,513 of 1,790
What is the difference between US 4 and US5?
From what I understand the only difference between US4 and US5 is the addition of the 4.4mm Pentaconn connector.

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,514 of 1,790
What is the difference between US 4 and US5?
This amplifier has four versions: US4, US4+, US5, US5 pro. The differences can be found on the first page.
US4 and US4+ are no longer produced and are available only in the secondary market. The main reason for the appearance of US5 and US5 is about replacing suppliers of the component base (due to the COVID pandemic) and adding a 4.4 pentacon output.

In principle, all versions of Niimbus should sound the same, the difference is only in functionality.

p.s.
Another difference between version 4 and version 5 is the different factory preamp settings.
Version 4. Amp Gain (at "0" value of the dip switches on the back of the amplifier): -4 dB unbal / +2 dB bal.
Version 5. Amp Gain (at "0" value of the dip switches on the back of the amplifier): 0 dB unbal / +6 dB bal.

You can distinguish them by ear because of this factory setting.

Aug 5, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,515 of 1,790

Users who are viewing this thread

Back