Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #452 of 1,794
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #454 of 1,794
V590 Pro is V550 Pro + DAC

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #455 of 1,794
Niimbus easliy can replace my GS-X mini and Pro ICan.

Niimbus + TH-900 - best bass control i have heard in TH-900, sweet midrange, absolute non harsh highs, Niimbus takes this HP to antoher level.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #457 of 1,794
GS-X mini is stll a very good amp but Niimbus is just better in almost every way (for it price it should be lol).
I now heard how much unused quality of Morpheus Niimbus bring to table.

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #458 of 1,794
).
I now heard how much unused quality of Morpheus Niimbus bring to table.

Any report about a Niimbus rocking a Morpheus is like music to my ears...
MusicEars_BrookeBitmoji.gif

...Which always makes me want to hear more of the same commentary. It is like some kind of addiction, but Is that even normal, for someone who has never even heard the Niimbus for himself? ...

It definitely sounds like my wallet is in trouble again... Thanks Head-fi...
. :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

tenor.gif

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #459 of 1,794
And still i didn't not plug Abyss into Niimbus :wink:

Finally, I was able to connect the Abyssy to the Niimbus and as I thought it is great, the amplifier smoothed out their treble a bit, the bass kicks even harder and the midrange gained mass, an absolutely reference connection. IMO this AMP is reference for HP like Utopia, Susvara or 1266. Return to my GS-X mini/Pro ICan will be quite painfull...

Niimbus have loot of power, i don't even past 3 o'clock on volume at 0db gain and it's loud.

Now i need only $$ to buy Niimbus or maybe V550 will at least 90% good as US4?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #460 of 1,794
Why all of this hi-end audio must be so pricey? Few years back only what i need was Focal Spirit Classic and some cheap sound card, damn...

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #461 of 1,794
Why all of this hi-end audio must be so pricey? Few years back only what i need was Focal Spirit Classic and some cheap sound card, damn...
i asked for a focal spirit pro for fathers day about 5 years ago - closed back for public transport

Though it hasn’t had much use in 2020 (as now working from home) i still rate it.

i bought a focal spirit classic about a year ago (when being cleared out locally) but the gimbal cracked before i even plugged it in. Received a refund.

but it all started for me when i was looking for eartips for my koss plug and seeing if i could buy some for less than $10 (I did). That search led me to the athm50x (through a cnet review)(GATEWAY HEADPHONE!!!!)....and then to headfi and then......and then.... and then......and now to metrum hex dac -> niimbus -> susvara.
And other stuff too. God forbid I only have one headphone!!!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #465 of 1,794
For me Niimbus US4+ is first amp with which I don’t lose transparency provided by Dave.
Did you connect niimbus to Dave through XLR or RCA? Any particular cables that you prefer to get it as transparent as possible? I’m wondering if I could have the niimbus between my Dave and Riviera AFC-10 to use as a pre-amp with the riviera or as a SS amp by itself. It would be awesome if it is transparent enough to be right in the middle and not affect the performance coming into the Riviera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back