Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Sep 21, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #286 of 320
IMG_8864.jpeg

Butastur + Rosenkranz Tinned Flex

Possibly my favourite cable pairing for the Butastur yet.

Incredibly lifelike treble. Very well sculptured sound. Cymbals. Hands striking a drumhead. A ‘live’ audience. All rendered in startlingly minute detail. Realism is the keyword - no HDR here, no artificially sharpened highlights or colours added.

Very deep sub bass extension. Makes me realise the Butastur is indeed capable of rendering the deepest sub bass layers yet maintaining clarity and texture all the way down low. Bass hits are deep and visceral while never losing control.

Mids - so much vocal purity here. With a number of cables I tried (including stock), the mids are possibly where the Butastur might lose out to vocal-centric IEMs like Volt and Aurora. I am nitpicking here but I sometimes find that Butastur’s upper mids play it perhaps a bit too clean and cool. Tinned Flex layers on even harmonics so subtly it doesn’t feel coloured, just more fully realised.

Like the Butastur, the Tinned Flex doesn’t particularly colour the sound… and yet it does. It just makes the IEM “more so”, a better, more hifi version of itself.

Overperforming IEM with overperforming cable.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #287 of 320
This hits certain songs right on the mark for me. Those songs mostly feature guitars, violins, trumpets, trombones, light drums, and similar. This is what I feel Butastur does incredibly well.

With vocals it's a bit more tricky. I like high energy female vocals on it, whereas male and other female voices lack roundness and forwardness.

20230930_144752~2.jpg

Oct 1, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #288 of 320
Have meanwhile paired my Eagle with a Fusion 1. Great combi giving the bass more weight and letting the Butastur shine even more...
20231001_163105.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #289 of 320
Butastur sounds so amazing, especially with ethereal sounding female vocals! :heart_eyes:

Oct 16, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #290 of 320
Just received my pair yesterday, blown away by the initial impressions. The remarkably precise imaging is like nothing else I've experienced in this price range. Bravo to American Spirit & team for the accomplishment!

I already noticed some earwax getting into the nozzle, as the holes are quite large, so I used some Moondrop filters under Spiral Dot tips (excellent fit) while waiting for some AZLA Max Standard tips to arrive. By the way, if anyone has a similar issue, I've found the best way to remove the wax is to bend a strand of hair and use it to "loop" the wax out.

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #293 of 320
1698691450523.png

My take on the Butastur. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/night-oblivion-butastur.26677/review/32089/

Butastur has been a tester IEM for me for all things sources and cable related. Tested out the new Penon ASOS cables using them first. It was easy to pick up on what the cable was doing for the Butastur sound. Synergy for this IEM is definitely needed with cables and sources. I went into some cable pair ups. A surprising 2nd place is the Penon Vocal cable.

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #294 of 320
1698691450523.png

My take on the Butastur. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/night-oblivion-butastur.26677/review/32089/

Butastur has been a tester IEM for me for all things sources and cable related. Tested out the new Penon ASOS cables using them first. It was easy to pick up on what the cable was doing for the Butastur sound. Synergy for this IEM is definitely needed with cables and sources. I went into some cable pair ups. A surprising 2nd place is the Penon Vocal cable.
Great photo. What cable is that?

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #295 of 320
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-asos.26795/review/32029/

New SPC type cable from Penon audio. I just did a quickie review on them here recently you can add my impressions of the Butastur with what this cable does and you might have a good idea how the Butastur will sound like with this cable. It is an immedate upgrade on the sonic performance.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #296 of 320
1000028963-01.jpeg

It's a blissful night...

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #298 of 320
Edit: Sold

I've decided to put my Butastur up for sale, if anyone's interested. UK only. I'll post by Royal Mail special delivery.

I used the set with a different cable and tips, so the included accessories are completely unused and unopened.

Link here - https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/night-oblivion-butastur.57262/

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #299 of 320
Buenas noches amigos (noche aquí en Perú jeje). He comprado os butastur hace cerca de 2 meses y solo puedo decir que quedé flechado con este iem.
Cabe decir que no soy precisamente alguien con mucho recorrido en este mundo, aunque si he probado uno que otro iem de 1k y más.
Venía de haber usado un Dunu SA6 MKII y realmente no quedé precisamente sorprendido con ese dunu, creo que mis expectativas fueron muy altas. Tiempo después decidí ir por el butastur y vaya que fue una buena decisión, todos los aspectos del Butastur para mi superan al Dunu SA6 MKII

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #300 of 320
I return to be able to make a brief review regarding the nigth oblivion butastur compared to other iems. First Dunu SA6 MKII, butastur is superior to it in all sound regions. Butastur sounds much more natural, it has those excellent mids of the SA6 MKII but even better. In general it has a bass with a number of details that are very commendable in its price range, unlike the SA6 MKII which felt that something did not fit with its bass (they are not bad, but compared to the butastur they fall short)

I came to compare the butastur with the monarch og and a little more of the same happened. To my ears the monarch felt a little unnatural, it had a very good instrumental separation but lacked a bit of cohesion. Once again the butastur felt much more natural, with a coherence and cohesion superior to the monarch. In terms of details, I think that the butastur was also above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back