NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Mar 27, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #182 of 270
I was rifling through IEM cases the other night looking for some specific tips, and found them attached to my EP35 set, which I kind of dismissed shortly after I got them because they were too bass shy because I could never get a stable seal. Out of quarantine boredom I decided to futz around with them. What I found:
  • the stock cable is terrible - I don't have equipment/knowledge to measure cables, but swapping to a not-fancy KBear 8 core copper cable made a massive difference in sound
  • they need proper amping to come alive - they have much better imaging and separation in the mids than I ever realized before, because when I had first purchased them I didn't have good sources and I was always running them right out of my phone
  • flipping the left/right earpieces and wearing the cable over ear, along with firm foam T500 clones, gave me a perfect seal and comfortable fit - along with that comes a very linear bass response that actually extends down into the sub bass pretty nicely
  • they were still a bit bright after all of the above, but a basic micropore tape mod across the center of the nozzle grills helped reign that in nicely
  • timbre is pretty natural and coherent compared to cheap hybrids in the same price bracket
I've been using these as my daily drivers for the past 2 and half days and have really enjoyed them. I'm not suggesting that everybody runs out to buy a set or anything, they're still a bit grainy in the treble and don't have a lot of mid bass if you're into that. I'm just happy whenever I find that I've underestimated something I already own, and can now appreciate and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #183 of 270
I was rifling through IEM cases the other night looking for some specific tips, and found them attached to my EP35 set, which I kind of dismissed shortly after I got them because they were too bass shy because I could never get a stable seal. Out of quarantine boredom I decided to futz around with them. What I found:
  • the stock cable is terrible - I don't have equipment/knowledge to measure cables, but swapping to a not-fancy KBear 8 core copper cable made a massive difference in sound
  • they need proper amping to come alive - they have much better imaging and separation in the mids than I ever realized before, because when I had first purchased them I didn't have good sources and I was always running them right out of my phone
  • flipping the left/right earpieces and wearing the cable over ear, along with firm foam T500 clones, gave me a perfect seal and comfortable fit - along with that comes a very linear bass response that actually extends down into the sub bass pretty nicely
  • they were still a bit bright after all of the above, but a basic micropore tape mod across the center of the nozzle grills helped reign that in nicely
  • timbre is pretty natural and coherent compared to cheap hybrids in the same price bracket
I've been using these as my daily drivers for the past 2 and half days and have really enjoyed them. I'm not suggesting that everybody runs out to buy a set or anything, they're still a bit grainy in the treble and don't have a lot of mid bass if you're into that. I'm just happy whenever I find that I've underestimated something I already own, and can now appreciate and enjoy it.
EP35 were good with triple flange tips.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #184 of 270
Yeah, I just yanked these out, after a while of not listening to em. These are a really good set, provided you use them with foam tips and, if you can, EQ the lower bass up a bit. I'm running these with a Nicehck 16 core balanced 2.5 cable that currently ships with the NX7 PRO. It's a really nice, soft, pliable cable with quality connectors...just wish that the chin slider stayed in place. Other than that, the NX7 is totally rocking my world right now. And yes...they definitely benefit from more power than a phone can provide. Using them right now with a Radsone ES100 and have also used them with a Fiio Q1MK2. Music files are from Spotify and my SD card. Give them the juice they deserve and these iems are superb. The details are crazy good, from bass to mids and up to the treble. Ya gotta juice them with power, tho. They're like 55 ohms and 107 DB sensitivity. Wish I had a tube amp or tube/hybrid to try these with. I think they would sound killer with a setup like that. Seriously, one of my favorite sets.

May 18, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #187 of 270
With a recco retail price of $70 I would hope it does have detachable cable but maybe one or two of those senior reviewers could pop in and give a little insight :thinking:

May 18, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #189 of 270
Not too mention with that electroplated copper shell she may be one of the heaviest single BA iem's around :rolling_eyes: Sure curious to size and type of BA to provide this tri-freq. range:smirk:

May 18, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #190 of 270
The Mic/No Mic indication on models may also allude to it having interchangeable cables. If the reviewers are right on the $70 price tag it seems now's the time to catch the train:grin: I just need one reviewer with good creds to give the :thumbsup:and I'm carted:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 18, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #191 of 270
Take that $70 price tag with a pinch of salt. After the lucky bag promotion they will probably sell it for like $25-30. I remember when they promoted the NX7 and NX7 Pro they also stated some bold claims about the sound quality.

CC526E1B-77DC-4AA3-9789-94AAF59ED742.jpeg

May 18, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #192 of 270
I don't think I qualify for "Old Friend" status plus my M6 needed BGVP filters to reach their potential and I personally hated the little N3 I think it was! You think they were reaching a little with that Solaris/64 Audio plug :rolling_eyes: Thought I will say many reviewers gave pretty good marks to the NX7 Pro! I've always been a little hesitant with dual DD's myself.

May 18, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #193 of 270
However I will say for $1.86 they did do a bang up job on the little cases:smirk: LOL

1589816564900.png

May 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #194 of 270
The Mic/No Mic indication on models may also allude to it having interchangeable cables. If the reviewers are right on the $70 price tag it seems now's the time to catch the train:grin: I just need one reviewer with good creds to give the :thumbsup:and I'm carted:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

NiceHCK EP10 is also sold with or without mic but it has a fixed cable so don’t count on this lucky bag to have a interchangeable cable because of the optional mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back