Nice Customer Service
Sep 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

viper_45

100+ Head-Fier
I recently managed to lose one of the tiny case screws when I was opening up my TA-10. I couldn't find a replacement screw at any hardware stores and being a little AR, it was irritating to have a missing screw
angry_face.gif

So sent an email to Trends Audio and got a response the next day. They are sending me a set of spare screws free-of-charge.
smile.gif

OK... so it’s a not significant cost for them, but I’m still impressed with the small gesture.

Does anyone else have similar stories of (unexpected) good customer service from and audio company.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 16
I've dealt with a few companies with decent customer service but three that stand out to me are:
Microsoft - back in the good old days they'd send someone to pick up your broken stuff completely free of charge. Was one of the best experiences I had.

Crud - A cycle company with a really open and casual corporate structure and nice customer service.

Little Dot - Very quick to answer questions.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 16
Customer service on high level it seems. Nice!
smile.gif

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm anal about my gear, so a small scratch on top of my DAC1 plate bugged me. Benchmark sent me a new plate free of charge, no questions asked. That stuck with me for some reason.

More recently, my mother's Definitive Technology sub died. After a conversation with customer service, we determined it was the amp module, whose warranty had expired over two years past. They still sent her the $100 module, at no cost, with Fed Ex Saturday delivery no less. That impressed me significantly.

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 16
Many of the sponsors in this site have amazing customer service. Those whom I have dealt with are: HeadRoom, TTVJ, Head Direct, ALO, Red Wine Audio, Turbo, MarkL, Zynsonic, Moon, iBasso, JMoney, APureSound, and more that at the moment I can't recall.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 16
I guess one of the advantages of dealing with smaller businesses is that it doesn't take long to speak to someone who knows what they're doing
wink.gif

I'm quite surprised about the experience with Benchmark... but I guess I shouldn't be.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 16
Good to hear about these positive experiences!

Kudos to those vendors.

beerchug.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #9 of 16
for music.

arkiv - purchased a 10 cd box set. 1 cd was bad. sent me a new box set. said return the other one when you can.

amazon - always super fast to ship. returns or getting new items for defective ones or new cases for broken ones never, ever a problem. have had good experiences with 3rd party vendors on the site too.

mapleshade - awesome collection of music. have placed 3 orders so far. received each in about a week. never any problems

chesky - great cds, but 1st order of 3 cds took one month to deliver. 2nd order of 4 cds also took a month, but 2 of the cds were not the ones i ordered. no replies to any emails i sent. for $20 a cd, i expected better service.

ebay - you never know . . . although most transactions have been very positive. need to watch out for large power sellers who list items and then after you win say "out of stock." i get good deals for opera here. that's mostly what i buy in terms of music.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #10 of 16
Nice o to hear ...

I would like to say couple positive words for one eBay seller from eBay !

I buy a couple of "Flex Precision Regulator KIT +15V Ultra Low Noise" and after ome nonts i have package - but no kit, just 2 two PCBs and wrong PCBa ...

I file dispute and i have money back in 5 min ...

After some exchange os eMails i have promise i am gonna get another set ... And - after one more month i have 3 regulator kits - for FREE ...

I ask for links for schematics for kits i got and amount i want to pay - cuz i dont want anyone short in this deal...
Lemme just paste last eMail i have from this seller:

Quote:

Dear *******,
http://www.diyzone.net/images2/MINI0113BOM.xls
http://www.diyzone.net/images2/MINI0113SCH.pdf
It's free.We just wanna let you know that we will do our best to resolve the misunderstanding between us.Thanks.

I will buy again from this seller with no problem tzeng_albert ... Awesome ...

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #11 of 16
newegg and amazon have been super awesome when any shipping troubles arise--they usually credit you back money or upgrade shipping to overnight for free!

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #12 of 16
Props to TTVJ and HeadRoom - I haven't had any problems, but both have always been great to me.

Also, Eddie Current was terrific. No problems there, either, but Craig let me come over to pick up the Zana and spent a couple hours chatting. What could be better?

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #13 of 16
Any and all dealings with Koss regarding headphones and audio equipment, and Amazon regarding returns. I have yet to have problems with service from either company.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 16
V-Moda: Always been good with returns.
Headroom: Good email communication.
Alessandro: Sent me an extra "L" Button when one fell off (two actually
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back