NFL 2012 Playoffs Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #77 of 92
Going to the parade tomorrow?

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #78 of 92
They wanted Coughlin's head earlier this season, now they want him fitted for a gold jacket.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #79 of 92
Quote:
They wanted Coughlin's head earlier this season, now they want him fitted for a gold jacket.

Ah, the beauty of New York.  You're a bum one minute and a hero the next.
biggrin.gif
  It says a lot about the faith and patience of the Giants front office and ownership sticking with him despite the numerous calls for his job.  I tell ya, Coughlin is definitely among the(if not the most) underrated coaches in the league.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #80 of 92
Congrats to all you Giants fans. I told people I know over and over how much I feared the Giants once they got in the playoffs as a Pats fan. Eli has proved that he belongs in the conversation of elite quarterbacks. I hate that they lost, but I'll keep reminding myself that I didn't expect even playoffs this season.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #81 of 92
It also says a lot about the mercurial nature of NY fans...

I kid I kid, of course. Decent game to watch, hilarious winning touchdown :D

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #82 of 92
Yep.  That's why New York is such a unique place to play(Boston is like this as well).  When you win, you're treated like kings.  When you lose, you're the worst player to ever play that game or coach.  Patience is not a word used often.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #84 of 92

Quote:
Quote:

The last time they were about to nix him he won a superbowl.  I'm seeing a pattern here.

Well, I guess they should be calling for his head every year.
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #85 of 92
Congrats NY Giants Fans, that was an impressive win. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #86 of 92
The Giants were winning close games all year. In the 4th the Pats were dropping balls they needed to catch and the Giants were hauling everything in.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #88 of 92
I called the Niners and the Patriots a couple of months ago (really!), but I wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens sneak in for a couple of reasons:
  1. It's Ray Lewis' swan song, and it would be nice to see him go out in style.
  2. It would be historic to see the Harbaughs go up against each other.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #90 of 92
The guy goes in with a murder rap hanging over his head, now he's going out under allegations of juicing. Great career in between though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back