NFL 2012 Playoffs Discussion Thread
Jan 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

Digital-Pride

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, the rest of world(it seems) is discussing this guy why not us?  That was certainly the best I've seen him play all season really putting the team on his back and winning with his arm.  Now, I understand that he was helped by a great play by Demaryius Thomas(what a stiff arm!) and the Bronco defense came up with some big time sacks, but when passes needed to be made he made them.  I'm not a Tebowite by any stretch, but there is just something with this guy.  He's...genuine, a guy who really believes in what he says.  How many times have we(sports fans) been critical of pro athletes that are bad guys?  

So, Head-fi sports fan's what do you think of Tebowmania?  Of course there were other big games this past weekend(go Giants!), so let's discuss them and next weekend's games too. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 92

Quote:
Well, the rest of world(it seems) is discussing this guy why not us?  That was certainly the best I've seen him play all season really putting the team on his back and winning with his arm.  Now, I understand that he was helped by a great play by Demaryius Thomas(what a stiff arm!) and the Bronco defense came up with some big time sacks, but when passes needed to be made he made them.  I'm not a Tebowite by any stretch, but there is just something with this guy.  He's...genuine, a guy who really believes in what he says.  How many times have we(sports fans) been critical of pro athletes that are bad guys?  

So, Head-fi sports fan's what do you think of Tebowmania?  Of course there were other big games this past weekend(go Giants!), so let's discuss them and next weekend's games too. 

I do not like the Florida Gators.  I do not like the Denver Broncos.  However, I find myself rooting for Tebow.  He's over-hyped but it's not like Tebow has much control over that.  I love his attitude, I love his effort.  He says all the right things.  I'll be cheering him on this weekend.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 92

Quote:
I do not like the Florida Gators.  I do not like the Denver Broncos.  However, I find myself rooting for Tebow.  He's over-hyped but it's not like Tebow has much control over that.  I love his attitude, I love his effort.  He says all the right things.  I'll be cheering him on this weekend.

I agree, the attention he's been getting is a bit ridiculous, but I'll be rooting for him to beat the Pats.  I don't think it'll happen but you know the saying "any given Sunday".

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 92
^^^^^ Let my avatar do the talking. And the throwing.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 92
Between the Giants pass rush, their pretty deep receiver corps, their emerging run, and Eli Manning (on his good days,) the Giants can give the Packers a run for their money.  It may well come down to the turnover ratio.  The giants also have a weak secondary, while the Packers have a terrible pass rush, inconsistent running backs, and a battered offensive line.  But then there's Aaron Rodgers, so...

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 92

Quote:
Between the Giants pass rush, their pretty deep receiver corps, their emerging run, and Eli Manning (on his good days,) the Giants can give the Packers a run for their money.  It may well come down to the turnover ratio.  The giants also have a weak secondary, while the Packers have a terrible pass rush, inconsistent running backs, and a battered offensive line.  But then there's Aaron Rodgers, so...

I think you're forgetting something.. I'm not sure what though..

Oh.. that..

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #10 of 92
JPP is good.  Giants do have a great pass rush.  But Rodgers can just do more 5 and 3 step dropbacks instead of 7-stepping it, and he has multiple receivers who are great at running precision screens, slants, and a bevy of other short routes that mitigate the effectiveness of the Giant's pass rush.  And don't forget Ryan Grant has just hit his stride and James Starks is coming back.  Then again the last time the Giants hit their stride like this coming into the playoffs they won the superbowl..

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 92

Quote:
as long as the saints fall to the 9ers we have chance to win super bowl

That would definitely help

Quote:
JPP is good.  Giants do have a great pass rush.  But Rodgers can just do more 5 and 3 step dropbacks instead of 7-stepping it, and he has multiple receivers who are great at running precision screens, slants, and a bevy of other short routes that mitigate the effectiveness of the Giant's pass rush.  And don't forget Ryan Grant has just hit his stride and James Starks is coming back.  Then again the last time the Giants hit their stride like this coming into the playoffs they won the superbowl..

My question is what the Packers are going to do about Victor Cruz. Still upset that he wasn't in the pro-bowl.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #12 of 92
Wazzup, not much love for my Pats out here!!  

Brady still has more for them Broncos, don't you worry!

In Bill we trust!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
I agree, the attention he's been getting is a bit ridiculous, but I'll be rooting for him to beat the Pats.  I don't think it'll happen but you know the saying "any given Sunday".

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 92

Quote:

My question is what the Packers are going to do about Victor Cruz. Still upset that he wasn't in the pro-bowl.

Same thing they did last time, which is has really been a Dom Capers strategy throughout the year.  Give up the yards but not the touchdowns.  In Cruz's case, last time he had 7 receptions for 119 yards - but no touchdowns.  The Packers corners have the most interceptions in the league and even their yards allowed stats are absolutely ruined by GTS.  They are much better than stats indicate.  That being said, Cruz is phenomenal.  But the Packers have the deepest and most talented receiver corps in the league barring possibly the Saints.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #15 of 92

Quote:
Same thing they did last time, which is has really been a Dom Capers strategy throughout the year.  Give up the yards but not the touchdowns.  In Cruz's case, last time he had 7 receptions for 119 yards - but no touchdowns.  The Packers corners have the most interceptions in the league and even their yards allowed stats are absolutely ruined by GTS.  They are much better than stats indicate.  That being said, Cruz is phenomenal.  But the Packers have the deepest and most talented receiver corps in the league barring possibly the Saints.

It's going to be a fascinating game.  My question, will the cold weather on Sunday slow down the Packers offense?  Cold weather might give the Giants' running attack a slight edge needed to slow the game down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back