NF Audio impression thread.
Oct 29, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #680 of 1,292
You're using the UAPP as a source? Is there any advantage of that over the onboard EQ?

yes.

A graphic EQ is designed to cut or boost level on equally spaced frequencies, such as 1/3-octave or octave spacing, with a preset bandwidth value. However, if you want to make more “surgical” corrections, a parametric EQ gives you more control.

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #681 of 1,292
yes.

A graphic EQ is designed to cut or boost level on equally spaced frequencies, such as 1/3-octave or octave spacing, with a preset bandwidth value. However, if you want to make more “surgical” corrections, a parametric EQ gives you more control.
PEQ was the main reason I got the Qudelix. I will have to try out your settings. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #683 of 1,292
PEQ was the main reason I got the Qudelix. I will have to try out your settings. Thanks!

Works better with more analytical and neutral sources with pure silver cables.
I tried with slightly warm sounding DAC and my EQ setting wasn’t as appealing.

I fine tuned with the 9038S gen 2. and the AG8 cable.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #685 of 1,292
2520D71D-E282-43BF-BF89-64099E60BA9F.jpeg
7FDFD198-DB40-4E82-88AB-0C8E97486FFE.jpeg

Picture Friday 📸

Cable: one that came with the Volt.

Blue and Silver combo is so good.

Oct 31, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #686 of 1,292
I have the it00, im looking for an iem to compliment this set as i listen on my shanling q1 (warm-neutral dap). I'm choosing between the fh3 and nm2+ since it's the same price from where I am. Does anyone have a direct comparison for both? Sorry if i missed it earlier. I mostly listen to RnB, hiphop and a decent amount of indie rock/pop. I want more detail retrieval on the mids and I prefer more precise midbass than boomy subbass. I like how the it00 has a very agreeable "fun" signature for me. But I wanna get more out of some tracks I listen to where vocals shine

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #687 of 1,292
I have the it00, im looking for an iem to compliment this set as i listen on my shanling q1 (warm-neutral dap). I'm choosing between the fh3 and nm2+ since it's the same price from where I am. Does anyone have a direct comparison for both? Sorry if i missed it earlier. I mostly listen to RnB, hiphop and a decent amount of indie rock/pop. I want more detail retrieval on the mids and I prefer more precise midbass than boomy subbass. I like how the it00 has a very agreeable "fun" signature for me. But I wanna get more out of some tracks I listen to where vocals shine
The NM2+ sounds VERY different from the FH3. The upper midrange can be hard to handle for some people, but in exchange you get amazing clarity, resolution, and detail. I think the soundstage is a lot wider than on the FH3, and the imaging/instrument separation is a lot better as well. The IT00 has more sub bass and mid bass than the FH3, and is a warmer, thicker sounding IEM, but o/w, I personally found the FH3 to sound quite similar to the IT00 (though others disagree with me on this last point, FWIW).

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #688 of 1,292

The Q1 sounds pretty good with the NM2+, FWIW.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #690 of 1,292
I received mine yesterday. Stock cable, sony triple comfort earbuds, running thru Xduoo XP-2, listening to Chuck Mangione Feels So Good album.

Have not spent much time using it but my quick Impression is: Holy crap!

Thank you to @tgx78 & @Dsnuts for the honest review.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back