NF Audio impression thread.
Jun 24, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #46 of 1,292
Sadly so many of the popular names in the chi-fi arena get the attention and something like the NM2 gets missed. I absolutely love this earphone and is one of my favorites in my collection.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #48 of 1,292
Hi,

How do this compare to the Etymotics ER2 SE/XR?

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #50 of 1,292
Jun 25, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #51 of 1,292
Hi,

How do this compare to the Etymotics ER2 SE/XR?
Hi. I can only say that fit is almost unnoticeable with NM2 because of the very ergonomic shell. I spent a week with er2xr last year and sold them because I couldn't get used to their insertion. But I remember liking their sound despite that. Comparing them based on such shallow memory would not be honest.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #54 of 1,292
How is NM2 compared to Blon BL03?
If anyone has both. Thank you.
As much as I like both it is honestly not a competition to my ears. NM2 are just more defined in every region, from sub bass to very interesting headstage. Never harsh but still detailed, never fatiguing but still maintaning overall clarity. I just listened to a couple of tracks and in both of them BL-03 is drowning in comparison. I really don't know how to describe it without sounding pretentious. I will not even mention the fit.

They are also interesting because when I listen to sweet women their voices are tender and soothing but when I listen to some techno/experimental electronic music it becomes plain evil with that rumbling and sound textures floating everywhere. Not surprising the driver is in some neat black enclosure inside the shell. Probably to seal and contain it.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #56 of 1,292
NX7 Pin cable will fit the NM2?

Actually yes. I have used the NX7 pro the C-16 niceHCK copper cable on it. It was one of the first cables I tried on the NM2.

All 2 pin .78mm cables will work but the standard straight 2 pin will stick out of the housing a bit more due to the protruding female end design on the housing.

1593111609757.png

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #58 of 1,292
NM2 sounds great with that cable by the way. I have better ones but for a budget cable that is one of the better copper cables to get.

Besides the outstanding bass of the NM2, they are marketed for vocal monitoring. Vocals sound stupendous with these so watching movies where vocal clarity is key. These will sound great for that. They are dynamic sounding so movies should be excellent with these.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #59 of 1,292
I can confidently say NA2 is better than Blon-03 in almost every possible way.
Definition, Resolution, Attack, Speed, Decay, PRaT, forward projection, Imaging, Dynamic, Ergonomics etc.
Soundstage width might be a tie, but for the depth and height there is no contest; NA2's driver is superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back