NF Audio impression thread.
Oct 9, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #511 of 1,292
Why not try couple other cables? In your case you may want to try a copper cable to add some body to that treble. Everyone is different but why I really like nm2+ is because it has that detail of ba's and surprisingly very close speed aswell whilst having that natural DD sound that no ba/hybrid iems have ever sounded to me. Just like dsnuts said the yy cable will give you another take on them as they sound very natural with a copper cable. Maybe you could play around with them and try fine tuning them a bit with different tips and cables.
All my cables are MMCX unfortunately. I might see if I can borrow one. Thanks!

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #513 of 1,292
Try a 2 pin copper cable. You will be surprised.
Actually I just remembered I had ordered one from Ali like a month and a half ago. More recent orders have come in but not that one. Maybe USPS will find the package in some corner soon and finally deliver it!

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #514 of 1,292
:thumbsup: NM2+ :thumbsup:

Far exceeding my already lofty expectations!

Has none of the characteristics that I feared.

Copper NiceHCK copper cable and ePro horn tips, semi-deep insertion.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #515 of 1,292
:thumbsup: NM2+ :thumbsup:

Far exceeding my already lofty expectations!

Has none of the characteristics that I feared.

Copper NiceHCK copper cable and ePro horn tips, semi-deep insertion.
You really rate it above the Tea?? I need to find me a copper cable.

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #516 of 1,292
You really rate it above the Tea?? I need to find me a copper cable.
Not necessarily. They each have their strengths. I placed it above the Tea on my list because it is in the context of my whole collection, and the Tea is more redundant with the MEST. I find the NM2+ to be the best at certain things. So far, of what I’ve heard, the most resolution and micro details in the treble easily goes to the MEST, but the most micro details in the midrange goes to the NM2+, likely in part due to the tuning. I’m hearing crazy detail. Recorded hiss has nowhere to hide. Neither do people in the audience that are coughing, nor does loud turning of the music pages. I find it creates a very realistic ambience.

While better than other included NF cables, I do think NF Audio is kinda shooting themsleves in the foot a little by not including a simple all-copper cable, like the Faaeal.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #517 of 1,292
They went for high detail using that litz cable. It is very much similar to Alo litz cables in form and function. If you got one of them yy cables on order your good to go.

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #518 of 1,292
They went for high detail using that litz cable. It is very much similar to Alo litz cables in form and function. If you got one of them yy cables on order your good to go.
Yep, it should arrive any day now, but it’s currently in the hands of the USPS.

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #519 of 1,292
Maybe you could play around with them and try fine tuning them a bit with different tips and cables.
All right, in the absence for the time being of any copper 2-pin cables, I’ve been tiprolling for a few hours and I have to say wow. These IEMs are extremely sensitive to tip insertion depth and angle. I think a wrong angle of insertion before was possibly causing some weird resonance or something, but anyway I’ve been able to find some smaller than usual tips that avoid the brittleness of the treble that was bothering me. And wow, there is such sweetness on these IEMs with acoustic music now. Clarity and delicacy without being at the expense of body. I’m going to have to see how they do with other genres but for vocal and acoustic music these are SO good.

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #520 of 1,292
I spoke too soon. It just arrived.
18268674-14D2-4A8E-8D93-202072EDF464.jpeg

I also have to compare these 2 cables, but they probably sound the same. Will probably use the KBEAR cable with the MEST, and will need to try the MEST cable with the NM2+.
035B4A91-5BB3-4835-8F4A-8B126E626D7B.jpeg

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #521 of 1,292
All right, in the absence for the time being of any copper 2-pin cables, I’ve been tiprolling for a few hours and I have to say wow. These IEMs are extremely sensitive to tip insertion depth and angle. I think a wrong angle of insertion before was possibly causing some weird resonance or something, but anyway I’ve been able to find some smaller than usual tips that avoid the brittleness of the treble that was bothering me. And wow, there is such sweetness on these IEMs with acoustic music now. Clarity and delicacy without being at the expense of body. I’m going to have to see how they do with other genres but for vocal and acoustic music these are SO good.
Lol and just the other day you were close to selling them. I always try every possible way until i consider selling my iems. I also choose smaller bore silicone eartips for all my iems which increase thickness and imaging in my experience.

@IEMusic really looking forward to your impressions.

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #522 of 1,292
Lol and just the other day you were close to selling them. I always try every possible way until i consider selling my iems. I also choose smaller bore silicone eartips for all my iems which increase thickness and imaging in my experience.
Yeah I’m used to over ears and knowing basically right away whether it suits me or not. I need some more patience!

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #523 of 1,292
You should try the MEST cable on the NM2+. I really like it. The upper mids and treble are slightly more intense, but still below my threshold, but the detail and resolution are slightly better than with the copper cables, it seems. They look really good with the NM2+ as well. I like the KBEAR UPOCC cable on the MEST. It looks nicer and feels better.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #524 of 1,292
I tried the Mest cable on the NM2+ last night. It is a good match. I dont like that cable on the MEST but I do like it on the NM2+. Check this out
What does this cable remind you of.

1602295110792.png

Found this on NiceHCK web site. I bet it is the same cable being used on the MEST. They sell these a bit over a $100 or so on sale. UPOCC silver plated and I bet it is what the MEST cable is. Freaking crooks selling those for $424 on musicteck. Damn.

1602295235479.png

It is a higher quality cable than the YY but it should be right? A bit of that silver does retain that detail. I like what UPOCC does for mids and bass though. That mark up though. Lol.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #525 of 1,292
I tried the Mest cable on the NM2+ last night. It is a good match. I dont like that cable on the MEST but I do like it on the NM2+. Check this out
What does this cable remind you of.

1602295110792.png

Found this on NiceHCK web site. I bet it is the same cable being used on the MEST. They sell these a bit over a $100 or so on sale. UPOCC silver plated and I bet it is what the MEST cable is. Freaking crooks selling those for $424 on musicteck. Damn.

1602295235479.png

It is a higher quality cable than the YY but it should be right? A bit of that silver does retain that detail. I like what UPOCC does for mids and bass though. That mark up though. Lol.
You might be right, I have this cable on top from another seller on ali, and a UM cable from my UM mirage, and both of the cables turned green in less than one year, and they are the only two of my cables that have done this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back