Nexus One frequency response: iffy to say the least
Mar 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shrimants

1000+ Head-Fier
According to the tests,

So yeah, iphone 3gs=rather good frequency response (I'm ignoring the >20khz spectrum because I can only hear up to 18khz, unless thats my computer's crappy sound card failing on me)

It fills me with sadness that I wont be able to raise 4-5 grand for my super epic PC build, nor will I be able to raise 300 or so bucks for my Gamma1 full++ Gamma2 build :\

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 7
that's awful. a source should NEVER effect the frequency response of the sound.

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 7
There arent many sources that will give you a perfectly flat response though. I'm currently out of space on my 16gb microsd card. I got 11 gigs of music, but apparently the nexus one needs another 4 gigs of random other space for god knows what. I was thinking about getting the Clip+ 8gb or a fuse+16gb, however my monster turbines sound rather nice on the nexus one and I'm afraid that if I get the fuse or clip the bass will be overpowering. the turbines are already rather bass heavy.

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 7
Saw that freq response curve before.

Pity they never tested the products loaded with a 16Ohm earphone but rather tested it with 0/Infinite load via line-in instead.

Not accurate unless you plan to amp the headphone out IMO.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 7
yeah.  I like to see it with different loads.

Quote:
Saw that freq response curve before.

Pity they never tested the products loaded with a 16Ohm earphone but rather tested it with 0/Infinite load via line-in instead.

Not accurate unless you plan to amp the headphone out IMO.

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Basically yes, expect roll off. Though as has been stated, its not that reliable a test without load

Users who are viewing this thread

Back