Nexus 5x and 6p sound quality
Oct 13, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #107 of 118
i think that one could work.

@slackerpo some interesting thing I found in Youtube!

This guys seems to have tested the Nexus 6P with the Fusion 4k short usb to usb-c cable that I wanted to buy and he says it works!!..
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until I have tested it MYSELF but if anyone does, I'll be eager to hear the report (short, direct cable, this is heaven!)

Amazon link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QK6WPQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=itechtriad-20&linkId=cba70df46c577fca9e7614fda81d39eb

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3ALDvh0mk

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #108 of 118

@slackerpo some interesting thing I found in Youtube!

This guys seems to have tested the Nexus 6P with the Fusion 4k short usb to usb-c cable that I wanted to buy and he says it works!!..
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until I have tested it MYSELF but if anyone does, I'll be eager to hear the report (short, direct cable, this is heaven!)

Amazon link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QK6WPQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=itechtriad-20&linkId=cba70df46c577fca9e7614fda81d39eb

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3ALDvh0mk

yeah you are right. i checked the comments on amazon, and this guys said i

"I confirmed this cable is OTG-compatible. I know because I just spent some bitcoin from my Trezor via Mycelium on my Nexus 6P using this cable to connect the phone to the Trezor"

"High quality cable that works for my USB OTG needs (fiio k1 + Nexus 6P) at a nice size that looks nice as well."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let us know how it works for ya!.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #109 of 118

yeah you are right. i check the comments on amazon, and this guys said it works:

5.0 out of 5 starsOTG compatible
ByBalt M.on September 13, 2016
Capacity: 1 foot|Verified Purchase

I confirmed this cable is OTG-compatible. I know because I just spent some bitcoin from my Trezor via Mycelium on my Nexus 6P using this cable to connect the phone to the Trezor

5.0 out of 5 stars... OTG needs (fiio k1 + Nexus 6P) at a nice size that looks nice as well
ByKevin Babu Vellankion May 6, 2016
Capacity: 1 foot|Verified Purchase

High quality cable that works for my USB OTG needs (fiio k1 + Nexus 6P) at a nice size that looks nice as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let us know how it works for ya!.

Hey that's even better. Already ordered. Will take a while to get down here but i'll report back!

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #110 of 118
@slackerpo for now (the Fusion 4K will take a while to arrive) I got in the local used market, this USB-C to Micro USB cable. It's a Spigen! Good. But I don't see any good link around the net for this specific model. AH THE IMPORTANT PART: IT WORKS WITH THE NEXUS 6P and MY Q1!  :) - Perfectly. A little longer than the shortest 1ft Fusion 4K but still not that long.

I should get the K1 tomorrow (this Q1 is the one I use in my computer). I bet it will work too, but will confirm!

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #111 of 118
@slackerpo
 for now (the Fusion 4K will take a while to arrive) I got in the local used market, this USB-C to Micro USB cable. It's a Spigen! Good. But I don't see any good link around the net for this specific model. AH THE IMPORTANT PART: IT WORKS WITH THE NEXUS 6P and MY Q1!  :) - Perfectly. A little longer than the shortest 1ft Fusion 4K but still not that long.

I should get the K1 tomorrow (this Q1 is the one I use in my computer). I bet it will work too, but will confirm!

hopefully it arrives soon!

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #112 of 118
hopefully it arrives soon!

I just got the K1 today! (Used but for a great price). God, it's TINY. TINY, VERY TINY!! I tested out with the Nexus 6P + the Spigen 3 feet cable and it works perfectly, right away.

The sound is very good (probably not as good as the Q1, I need to compare that, the Q1 is a full sized, feature-rich DAC after all) more than enough for the Nexus 6P. To be honest the 6P does work so fine with the E12A too.. But the key here is.. Quality AND SIZE. And the K1 is beautifully small.

When I get the 1ft Fusion 4K cable I'll be totally light but still now, it's much more convenient than it was. So happy!

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #113 of 118

I just got the K1 today! (Used but for a great price). God, it's TINY. TINY, VERY TINY!! I tested out with the Nexus 6P + the Spigen 3 feet cable and it works perfectly, right away.

The sound is very good (probably not as good as the Q1, I need to compare that, the Q1 is a full sized, feature-rich DAC after all) more than enough for the Nexus 6P. To be honest the 6P does work so fine with the E12A too.. But the key here is.. Quality AND SIZE. And the K1 is beautifully small.

When I get the 1ft Fusion 4K cable I'll be totally light but still now, it's much more convenient than it was. So happy!

i can relate.

my time with the dragonfly red was really good.

can you tell how much power does the k1 draws from the 6p? im intringued by the sound quality the k1 provides. i vaguely remember a short auditon i did with the q1 and remember being quite impressed by how it performed.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #114 of 118

i can relate.

my time with the dragonfly red was really good.

can you tell how much power does the k1 draws from the 6p? im intringued by the sound quality the k1 provides. i vaguely remember a short auditon i did with the q1 and remember being quite impressed by how it performed.

You read my mind, power consumption is key to test now (not sure if there's a better way to do it than just observing how the battery level goes down). Specially these days that my Nexus 6P seems to be a battery hog, not sure why, maybe some rogue app. 

I'm using the Q1 with my NUC computer at this very moment. Yes, it's great, and the extra punch, the bass switch, the volume rocker, but again, the K1 is such a tiny beauty. I'll compare both asap!

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #115 of 118
@slackerpo I just did a quick test with the Q1 and the K1 and the Nexus 6P.. I tried first the Q1, without the gain switch activated, very good sound, a little low volume output perhaps. With gain activated much better. Then the K1. and Wow. It really surprised me! Awesome quality, HIGH GAIN I had to turn down the volume in fact.

I used what I had at hand: Spotify, the audiophile classic "You" from Nils Lofgren's Acoustic Live. 

In a Q1 thread (when I bought it for my computer) some guy told me I should try the K1 and I went ahead and bought the Q1: Even fiio support told me Q1 was more adequate for my setting (I have the computer connected to a Yamaha vintage AMP). I will go ahead and try my computer with the K1 to the yamaha amp, just for fun.  Well done, fiio! Once again.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #116 of 118
@slackerpo
 I just did a quick test with the Q1 and the K1 and the Nexus 6P.. I tried first the Q1, without the gain switch activated, very good sound, a little low volume output perhaps. With gain activated much better. Then the K1. and Wow. It really surprised me! Awesome quality, HIGH GAIN I had to turn down the volume in fact.

I used what I had at hand: Spotify, the audiophile classic "You" from Nils Lofgren's Acoustic Live. 

In a Q1 thread (when I bought it for my computer) some guy told me I should try the K1 and I went ahead and bought the Q1: Even fiio support told me Q1 was more adequate for my setting (I have the computer connected to a Yamaha vintage AMP). I will go ahead and try my computer with the K1 to the yamaha amp, just for fun.  Well done, fiio! Once again.

im glad you are enjoying your products

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #117 of 118
Has anyone compared Nexus 6P with the HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM? I had one (D820U) which unfortunately was stolen, I am out to buy a new phone and am torn between Nexus 6P and HTC 10. 6P front facing stereo speakers and HTC 10 doesn't quite have that but the 10 has a far better audio quality but not so good screen/camera...

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #118 of 118
  Has anyone compared Nexus 6P with the HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM? I had one (D820U) which unfortunately was stolen, I am out to buy a new phone and am torn between Nexus 6P and HTC 10. 6P front facing stereo speakers and HTC 10 doesn't quite have that but the 10 has a far better audio quality but not so good screen/camera...

Hi imram27, unfortunately I can't really comment on the HTC unit; The Nexus 6P, on the other hand, is a GREAT phone (performance, camera, OS flow, etc). BUT Audio Quality as you seem to indicate is poor, specially in terms of power output (as opposite to this, its speakers are HUGE sounding), I'm so happy with the FIIO K1 as it provides the extra punch (and more quality indeed) needed to convert the 6P into a great audio quality phone with little physical (and economical) overhead.

Aside from this, I guess only the LG V10/V20 are great audio phones (didn't test them, this is as reported). But well, they cost some money, and as any other gadget has its own shortcomings/issues. For me Nexus' native Android experience is worth a lot (I used Nexus 4, 5 before this one).

Hope someone can report on HTC. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back