Nexus 5 Sound Quality?
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #62 of 228
Hi,

I confirm, the sound quality on GN5 is good, but it's too low for me :frowning2: 

There is fauxsound for that, the boost is really Nice! but it's not fully compatible yet as the settings doesnt stick for now.

1384895459196.jpg

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #63 of 228
Great news the last betas for faux kernel (03b05) and faux sound (1.1.2) fixed the issue (at least for the default presets, not the custom one, but i just use quality.) Finally enjoying powerful sound on my nexus 5 :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #64 of 228
I haven't received mine yet, but all Nexus devices should support USB OTG and that means that any DAC that worked before (there should be a thread somewhere around here with the ones that worked) should work with the Nexus 5. I'll try and confirm this when mine comes.

I've read the Nexus 5 supports USB OTG too but I can confirm that Apex Glacier and Fiio E18 do not work with my Nexus 5.

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #65 of 228
I haven't received mine yet, but all Nexus devices should support USB OTG and that means that any DAC that worked before (there should be a thread somewhere around here with the ones that worked) should work with the Nexus 5. I'll try and confirm this when mine comes.

I've read the Nexus 5 supports USB OTG too but I can confirm that Apex Glacier and Fiio E18 do not work with my Nexus 5.

Sadly I cannot test it as I have lost my USB OTG cable, but I'll test my friends Dragonfly when my new USB OTG gets here.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #66 of 228
Sadly I cannot test it as I have lost my USB OTG cable, but I'll test my friends Dragonfly when my new USB OTG gets here.

Just tried my USB OTG cable with the Dragonfly.  It doesn't work.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #67 of 228

Just tried my USB OTG cable with the Dragonfly.  It doesn't work.

You're a crusher of my hopes and dreams. Driver issues maybe? Kit kat is a brand new OS.

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #68 of 228
I am able to turn the volume up to max, but wouldn't want to listen to it over any period of time on my 80Ohm HP's. So volume is sufficient for me. None the less i will take my fiio with me tomorow, to see if it further improves the great base this thing delivers.
hDDnd7

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #69 of 228
I will say that I think the Nexus 5 definitely needs an amp--opinion without testing fauxsound--because the volume only sounds like it's about 45% of what my laptop does and 75% of my Find 5/One S. I personally really like the sound signature of the Nexus 5 and the sound floor is absolutely silent. Hoping that FauxSound helps with volume but I'll probably just buy a portable amp--because they're smaller/slimmer--if I cannot get a dac to work with it.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #70 of 228
This mod works pretty well with out the need for additional equalizers over stock and increases both Headphone and loudspeaker while maintain the Silent background

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47593101&postcount=1

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #71 of 228
I will say that I think the Nexus 5 definitely needs an amp--opinion without testing fauxsound--because the volume only sounds like it's about 45% of what my laptop does and 75% of my Find 5/One S. I personally really like the sound signature of the Nexus 5 and the sound floor is absolutely silent. Hoping that FauxSound helps with volume but I'll probably just buy a portable amp--because they're smaller/slimmer--if I cannot get a dac to work with it.

How are you gonna connect n5 to an amp as n5 has no line out?

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #73 of 228
How are you gonna connect n5 to an amp as n5 has no line out?

Wut? Use a 3.5mm double sided cable and connect the audio out on the phone to the audio in on the portable amp and then connect the headphones to the amps audio out.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #75 of 228
Out of curiosity, what's behind the apparently persistent low volume of Nexus devices? I could barely watch Netflix on my Nexus 7 when in public--couldn't hear dialogue.

I swore off Google products after my experience with the 7, but the 5 is so attractive as hardware. This is real minimalism. It makes the iProducts seem frou-frou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back