Next Vienna/Austria Meet: January 24th 2015
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 53
As the other thread got closed while trying to organize a new meet: here's a new one.

Current target date is November 15th at TU Vienna - if @ampair
 can get us a room that is.

Wow... closed down again?

Yes i can organise a room, shouldn't be a problem.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 53
Yes, policy seems to be to close the threads after the meet -- which does not match well with our approach to reuse the thread...

So I guess we'll have to call them up again @iRaphi and @RAFA 

And yes: the V281 will arrive tomorrow, so I can bring that along.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 53
so i got the k712 and k612 today...

since I'm not working next Saturday that date would be fine by me,
i have no idea though how i'll be able to bring more than one (maybe two) pair of hp

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 53
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #8 of 53
  Yes, policy seems to be to close the threads after the meet -- which does not match well with our approach to reuse the thread...

then we should try to remove the date from the title just before the meet? maybe that way it will stay alive.

edit: another possibility would be an extra thread dedicated to finding dates and collect the links to the specific meet-threads.

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 53
  @plakat i would love to hear your flagships :wink: (and i was interested before in the th600)

Just let me know what to bring along.
I'm looking forward to hear your K712 and K612 and I think @ampair as a true AKG lover will as well.

YOU Should hear My FLAGSHIPS!lol

REGARDS NOMAX

We welcome the crazy ones, @Nomax :wink:
pack up some pieces of your collection and join us. I think some might not have heard the Abyss, I for one would be interested to hear the Denon D7000, the Sony Z7 (only had a short listen at IFA) and the Alpha Dog (which I heard in Essen and liked it). I think some might appreciate the HD800 with the HDVD800, which, while not exactly my cup of tea, is nevertheless an interesting combination for comparisons.

My V281 arrived yesterday and does as expected: its a beautiful combination with the K812. Unfortunately the USB Board is giving me trouble and the Benchmark I plan to obtain will not make it in time, so the HP-A8 will serve as a DAC. I may have converted my T1 to single ended by then. If anyone else has balanced headphones please bring them along (should have a XL4 male connector).

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #13 of 53
  well i would like to hear the k812 obviously, TH600 & 900, T1, T90

I think that should be possible.

If I can get my hands on a Benchmark DAC2 I'll bring that as a DAC, otherwise the A8 will do I think. The V281 will be with me obviously. Phonitor and A2 on interest, Meier Audio Classic+Daccord are course are still here and available as well. Hifi M8 as well.

Today I reterminated by T1. Patient is alive and kicking. Very much so actually. Can now be used single ended and symmetric :)
TH900 is up for the same treatment soon... but maybe I take to the TH600 first.

Edit: The DAC2 will take about a week, sorry... next time.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 53
Originally Posted by plakat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I can get my hands on a Benchmark DAC2 I'll bring that as a DAC, otherwise the A8 will do I think. The V281 will be with me obviously. Phonitor and A2 on interest, Meier Audio Classic+Daccord are course are still here and available as well. Hifi M8 as well.

any news on the phonitor mini?

regarding the time: is 13:00 ok for everyone or would 15:00 be better?

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #15 of 53

any news on the phonitor mini?

regarding the time: is 13:00 ok for everyone or would 15:00 be better?

No news on the Mini, sorry. I deemed it too similar to the Phonitor 2 after all, so it had to stand back for the time being. Not forgotten though.

I'd actually prefer 15:00 as I have some work to do on Saturday, but feel free to start earlier -- I can still join you later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back