Next type of headphones to get?
Dec 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AudioSki

New Head-Fier
       Hey guys, I am pretty new to the whole Audiophile thing. I have been listening to my ATH M50's for a year now and I love them. Quality audio has definitely been a huge thing for me ever since getting these headphones. Now I am ready to get a new pair and I was wondering what the next thing to try out.

Here is my criteria: 
-My budget is $200.
-I want  a very comfortable set that is over ear.
-I want good bass in these but it doesn't have to be the focus. I love that precise and detailed thump that the m50s give but I want it stronger. Maybe that will improve on my current set as  I am getting an e11 soon.
-A good sound stage would be good as I want to use them for gaming.
-I kind of want to try an open headphone but if they're closed that's fine.
-Most of the music that I listen to is made on a computer like dubstep, Hip Hop, and recent R&B like The Weeknd and Frank Ocean so besides voices, most of the sounds aren't natural in case that makes a difference.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 5
a DT770 sounds appropriate to you, seems to meet your criteria
or a HD598 would be okay too,has better soundstage though the bass on the DT770 is slightly more punchy (though still not overpowering)

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 5
Take a look at the AKG K167. I love them, everyone who has one has very high remarks for them too.

E11 also can drive up to 300ohms so says specs

Sent From My Thunderbolt with Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Take a look at the AKG K167. I love them, everyone who has one has very high remarks for them too.
E11 also can drive up to 300ohms so says specs
Sent From My Thunderbolt with Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Good suggestion. 

Quote:
Do you think that an E11 would drive the 250 ohms set well?

Yes
Quote:
a DT770 sounds appropriate to you, seems to meet your criteria
or a HD598 would be okay too,has better soundstage though the bass on the DT770 is slightly more punchy (though still not overpowering)

These would be the two I recommend. My 598s kick butt for gaming. Also I would suggest the Custom One Pros. close to the quality of sound that the dt770 have, but can be customized both visually and with how they sound. They have a little slider that lets you choose how much bass you want. Also has a detachable cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back