Next Gen Consoles Anyone?
Sep 22, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 26
I've been interested in PS5 due to the exclusive developers they have. Naughty Dog with The Last of Us, and God of War from Santa Monica Studios really impressed me. These games exemplifies good development is possible with new generations.

I haven't looked much into the superiority of the hardware however.

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 26
Not especially. Somewhat interested in the Series X, but with the PS5 it seems Sony has made every wrong decision possible. $499 for a system who's hardware is inferior to the Series X, needless tech in the controller pushing prices up, and $70 first party titles really twists the knife. Kinda a shame, since I've been a lifelong Sony fan.

The Series X isn't exactly blowing me away, though, but the value proposition is undeniable, and with MS's recent purchase of Zenimax/Bethesda there's some real promise for their first party exclusives.

Mostly just going to be kicking it on PC, anyway, so I don't really have a horse in this race.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 26
will be getting the ps5, maybe not on Release but there are a few titles announced that make it worth getting

Sep 25, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 26
Sep 25, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 26
Sep 28, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 26
Nah not yet, need a good library first. I generally wait around a year after release, library is either good, or heading that way by then.
Yeah same. In the past I've always hopped on day 1 but have found that the consoles just sit there with minimal use until around a year later when the library improves. I've missed the pre-order train this year anyways so it'll be around a year before I can get my hand on a console anyways

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 26
I'm probably not buying a PS5 until Battlefield 6 (or whatever the next BF game will be). My PS4 backlog is still fairly large. Maybe by this time next year. I hope there will be a black PS5 console and controller by then. I really don't want white A/V gear.

You know there's going to be firmware updates out of the gate. Seems to be the norm anymore. I'll wait until some of the initial bugs are worked out and the hype has settled. Maybe catch one on sale.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #15 of 26
I'm probably not buying a PS5 until Battlefield 6 (or whatever the next BF game will be). My PS4 backlog is still fairly large. Maybe by this time next year. I hope there will be a black PS5 console and controller by then. I really don't want white A/V gear.

You know there's going to be firmware updates out of the gate. Seems to be the norm anymore. I'll wait until some of the initial bugs are worked out and the hype has settled. Maybe catch one on sale.
The bugs are another thing. Purchased avengers launch date...... Holy hell how does AAA title launch in a worst state than a single dev, free, indie game on a blackberry, with a cracked screen and broken accelerometer
🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back