[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
May 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #766 of 1,082
Quote:
thing is, it wasn't fit, as any more I pushed, it felt like the vacuum effect.

I said nothing about fit (I talked about the headphone jack) :p  LOL.  Also, it could have been something that was interfering with the electrical in the headphones (between the cable and connection in the housing). 

May 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #767 of 1,082
Quote:

I said nothing about fit (I talked about the headphone jack) :p  LOL.  Also, it could have been something that was interfering with the electrical in the headphones (between the cable and connection in the housing). 

hahaha wow, i read, quickly, headphones pushed.

No the jack is fully in, it isn't that lol.

May 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #768 of 1,082
just bought a 233 2nd from my friends. this's really deserve every $ i paid. so amazing about it's bass and the soundstage.
the fit is perfect. i can't feel wearing a heaphone deep in my ear. there' nothing eles except
me and my songs.
i really don't know what i want to be in my next upgrade after this
phonak 232. it pleases any need that i have been waiting from an IEM

thanks Phonak for saving my borring life

May 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #769 of 1,082
Quote:
just bought a 233 2nd from my friends. this's really deserve every $ i paid. so amazing about it's bass and the soundstage.
the fit is perfect. i can't feel wearing a heaphone deep in my ear. there' nothing eles except
me and my songs.
phonak 232. it pleases any need that i have been waiting from an IEM
thanks Phonak for saving my borring life

Good to hear you enjoy them.  They are a great pair of IEMs.  I know what I want in the next upgrade, slightly more forward mids :p

Quote:
hahaha wow, i read, quickly, headphones pushed.

No the jack is fully in, it isn't that lol.

LOL, OK, just giving suggestions :p  Maybe there was something clogging up the contact and when you took out the cable from the housing, it cleared it :p

May 3, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #770 of 1,082
Quote:
LOL, OK, just giving suggestions :p  Maybe there was something clogging up the contact and when you took out the cable from the housing, it cleared it :p

Possibly, no idea - heavily doubt it.

Quote:

yeah..and it's gonna hurt too. Really hurt my wallet.

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #772 of 1,082
Just got my PFE 232 today. After some comparison listening between the PFE and the IE80, here is my take on things:

Bass: The IE80 is unquestionably hard hitting when it comes to bass, offering loads and loads of bass with plenty of power but excellent control. The PFE 232's bass is also excellent, however bass-wise it delivers on the quality aspect rather than quantity. It's there when you need it with the right amount to make music sound insightful and fun, but not as enjoyable as the IE80 especially on bass-demanding tracks.

Mids: the mids on the IE80, while smooth and lush, are a bit recessed. The mids on the PFE is more present perhaps due to less bass and smaller soundstage.

High: Likewise, high of IE80 is smooth, lush and non-fatiguing, but lacks extension and sparkle. The PFE's high is perhaps the best I have heard from an IEM (haven't heards that many IEMs, though), it's also smooth and non-fatiguing, but extends really well and can manage to sparkle when needed.

Soundstage: PFE's is quite decent, but IE80 wins hands down.

Details: Another one-sided match, the win definitely goes to the PFE.

My conclusion is that they are both top-tier IEM, offering sound qualities of the same league, just different approaches to sound preferences. No comments on value though, as they are priced quite differently depending on regions.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #775 of 1,082
beyersmile.png

Nope, but the tera and 232s are a match made in heaven.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #776 of 1,082
Currently contemplating between this, a pair of KRKs (which I can pay off in instalments) and UM Mage....

Anyway, being a current PFE user myself (112), I'm getting sort of fed up with my ears chewing through a pair of Comply tips almost every other week (and costing me dearly). Would it make sense to go for custom tips from an audiologist with the 232 (or would the sound quality be degraded/coloured somewhat)? And, can I still use them with the 112 (which I presume so, if the Comply website is anything to go by)?

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #777 of 1,082
Have had the PFE 232 for approximately 5 months - couldn't be happier with their superb sound quality, however, I have had two cables (the remote cable) go bad in that time, and in both instances the problem is centred around the earphone plug, manifesting as audio cutting out intermittently in one or both channels with any manipulation of that area. Can confirm that the problem is the cable as replacing the cable with the non-remote version eliminates the issue (this was true in both cases). The first time it happened (about 2 months in) the earphones were replaced with an entirely new set. This new set has now also developed the exact same issue in approximately the same amount of time.

I recall stumbling upon a posting from someone here who had described a similar issue with his (2 month old?) 232's, and am wondering if any one else has experienced similar problems with the cables? 

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #778 of 1,082
Quote:
Have had the PFE 232 for approximately 5 months - couldn't be happier with their superb sound quality, however, I have had two cables (the remote cable) go bad in that time, and in both instances the problem is centred around the earphone plug, manifesting as audio cutting out intermittently in one or both channels with any manipulation of that area. Can confirm that the problem is the cable as replacing the cable with the non-remote version eliminates the issue (this was true in both cases). The first time it happened (about 2 months in) the earphones were replaced with an entirely new set. This new set has now also developed the exact same issue in approximately the same amount of time.

I recall stumbling upon a posting from someone here who had described a similar issue with his (2 month old?) 232's, and am wondering if any one else has experienced similar problems with the cables? 

So the problem is in the area where the plug goes into the housing and not the headphone jack?  I've had that problem as well.  It may be a bug.  Contact Phonak about it, they may be interested in looking at that IEM.  

I had this problem as well in the remote and mic cable, another person on Head-Fi had the problem with the non-mic'd cable.  It happened around the same time span you had too, 1-2 months.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #779 of 1,082
Quote:

So the problem is in the area where the plug goes into the housing and not the headphone jack?  I've had that problem as well.  It may be a bug.  Contact Phonak about it, they may be interested in looking at that IEM.  

I had this problem as well in the remote and mic cable, another person on Head-Fi had the problem with the non-mic'd cable.  It happened around the same time span you had too, 1-2 months.  

Right - so to be more specific, the area that appears to be affected is the little boot that covers the cable right before the "L" shaped bend into the actual jack itself, and/or perhaps even the actual L bend itself is affected, it's tricky to determine exactly where without being able to visualize some kind of physical break in the cable conductors themselves.

It's troubling that these cables seem to suffer from what appears to be a design flaw, if the few anecdotal experiences noted here prove anything. If so, let's hope Phonak can get on the ball and issue a more robust cable design.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #780 of 1,082
Quote:

Right - so to be more specific, the area that appears to be affected is the little boot that covers the cable right before the "L" shaped bend into the actual jack itself, and/or perhaps even the actual L bend itself is affected, it's tricky to determine exactly where without being able to visualize some kind of physical break in the cable conductors themselves.

It's troubling that these cables seem to suffer from what appears to be a design flaw, if the few anecdotal experiences noted here prove anything. If so, let's hope Phonak can get on the ball and issue a more robust cable design.

My problem was not in the headphone jack.  It was in the part that connects into the headphones.  It may be a design flaw, I'd still contact Phonak. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back