[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Jan 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #541 of 1,082

Quote:
I just spent the last 6 consecutive hours with the PFE232, and my Studio-V DAP. Whether or not it's the effect of the Studio-V, I haven't yet confirmed; but I have NEVER, in my most humble and honest opinion, I really do mean NEVER heard mid-bass and sub-bass done this well, out of ANY BA I've owned; no two ways about it! I'm using the grey filters, which just so happen to be my most preferred choice; though the black filter is also quite fun every once in a while. As it stands, the PFE232 is par for par as enjoyable as my EX1000, albeit the only area I prefer the latter is in it's open and airy presentation, and the midrange, in which case the EX1000 is comparatively ahead by a hair or two in terms of overall transparency. In nearly ever other regards, the PFE232 is just as exceptional. 
ksc75smile.gif

This will have to be my next get. The 1000 fit and isolation keep me from wanting to try it. Nice to know they match HiSound so well.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #542 of 1,082

Quote:
Quote:

Possible? Well, anything is possible, my friend. Is it likely? Hmm, well I'd put my money on the Studio-V instead, as it's been only a few weeks since I've had my PFE232, and I'm OCD careful with my belongings. And when I say OCD careful, I really do mean that. Even Gollum would look at the way I treat my earphones, and ask, "what's with him?" 
blink.gif

Same here. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #543 of 1,082
Interesting reads.  Perhaps I should have pulled the trigger on these when earphonesolutions had a 20% discount code over the past holidays when they first had them in stock. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #544 of 1,082

Quote:
I just spent the last 6 consecutive hours with the PFE232, and my Studio-V DAP. Whether or not it's the effect of the Studio-V, I haven't yet confirmed; but I have NEVER, in my most humble and honest opinion, I really do mean NEVER heard mid-bass and sub-bass done this well, out of ANY BA I've owned; no two ways about it! I'm using the grey filters, which just so happen to be my most preferred choice; though the black filter is also quite fun every once in a while. As it stands, the PFE232 is par for par as enjoyable as my EX1000, albeit the only area I prefer the latter is in it's open and airy presentation, and the midrange, in which case the EX1000 is comparatively ahead by a hair or two in terms of overall transparency. In nearly ever other regards, the PFE232 is just as exceptional. 
ksc75smile.gif

My exact thoughts on this...  I'm running an iPod Touch 4G, which is a brighter source.  The mid and sub-bass is just euphoric, it's quite amazing.  I never dreamed any BA would be able to do this type of engolfing, inviting type of bass.  It's quite amazing nonetheless.  Phonak really has some magical dust when it comes to toning the bass to just the perfect levels.  Although most people kept boasting about the highs when they first got their 232s, I really believe that the bass is the strength over the highs, beautifully crafted like an artpiece :) 

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #545 of 1,082
^ All the more reason why I really want to compare these against the undeniably expensive, yet elegant K3003.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #546 of 1,082

Quote:
^ All the more reason why I really want to compare these against the undeniably expensive, yet elegant K3003.

That would make a great comparison.  The K3k3 (get it? K32/K3^2 would probably work too :p) look undeniably beautifully crafted as if the housings came straight out of an Apple factory.  From impressions I've heard, I'd love to audition these one day :p  If you ever do get the chance to, I definitely would love to see that comparison :)

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #547 of 1,082
As soon as it hits stateside, I'll definitely pay them a visit. Meanwhile, I alternate on and off between the PFE232, EX1000, and Miracles, to which I've no complaints. 
biggrin.gif

If, however, the K3003 can manage to replace both my PFE232 and EX1000, who's to complain? 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #550 of 1,082
Quote:
Are the filters pre-installed on the earphone? Are those the gray filters? because they look white to me.. or i guess they are not filters?

Indeed, there are the grey filters that come included with the filter kit, in addition to the grey filters preinstalled on the PFE232's already. 
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #552 of 1,082
Heya Chief, can you post please what are the main differences between the PFE232 and EX1000? TIA!

Quote:
As soon as it hits stateside, I'll definitely pay them a visit. Meanwhile, I alternate on and off between the PFE232, EX1000, and Miracles, to which I've no complaints. 
biggrin.gif

If, however, the K3003 can manage to replace both my PFE232 and EX1000, who's to complain? 
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #554 of 1,082
Is that the ACS T15? How would you compare the 232 against the T15 and B2 including mids and highs? TIA!

Quote:
Comparison of only bass.  The B2s actually have quite a large bass body, as well as the T15s.  However, I've noticed with many BAs that if there is a bass body, there is some lacking impact.  I've also noticed that if there is good impact (like in Etymotics), there lacks a body.  Texture is also improved with a body as well.  What the PFEs do well is that they have all three incorporated really well.  Due to the mid-bass focus, the impact is really great while the body still stays large and strong to keep good presence.  The bass texture is comparable to both the T15 and B2s.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #555 of 1,082

Quote:
Free PFE 022 worth USD129 ?! http://www.audeoworld.com/en/US/Products/PFEwithMicrophone/AudeoPFE232.htm

It will definitely be hard to sleep tonight
biggrin.gif

As tempting as this sounds, especially with all that everyone has said about them, I'm still reluctant to pay such a price for these. Given a choice of spending on these and getting a pair of KRK monitors, I'd go for the latter. Maybe when they come down to a more reasonable price and ditch the 022, I'd be more inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back