[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #91 of 1,082

Quote:
Well, that really helps..cause I just picked up a new PFE112 today and don't want to feel bad! 
biggrin.gif

yes!

It's not like you're making a bad choice by any means.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #92 of 1,082
True, the Phonak is still a force to be reckoned with in some circles 
tongue_smile.gif

May 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #93 of 1,082

Quote:
i contacted phonak in order to find out about exact release date. today recieved the answer, that they wont come out before autmn.

Well, crap.

I don't know if I can hold out that long! I'm loving my 012's right now.

I wonder if the 232's will have different filters as well. I love the green filters but want to give the greys and blacks a try.

May 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #95 of 1,082
Dang, that's still a ways off. Hopefully it's worth the wait, though pricing would be good as well.

Quote:
Phonak's acoustic engineer told me that a possible release date would be in August. That doesn't sound as bas as autumn, but still quite some time to go.

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #96 of 1,082
Article released in May, but:

http://www.theheadphonecompany.co.uk/news-reviews/blog/phonak-audeo-pfe-232-dual-driver-earphones-uk-review-best-price.php    sinss  

"Early News on the Release of the Phonak PFE 232

Set to be a top-end dual driver, price is TBC although it’s likely to be just shy of the £400 mark - Stock is expected in the UK and here at The Headphone Company early August 2011

The cable will be modular with or without the 3-button iPhone remote / mic and before you ask the venting on the sides is purely aesthetic!"

August isn't long away now although the lack of chatter over these would seem another delay could be expected?  Hopefully the price estimate is way off too!

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #98 of 1,082
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/audio/1286038/phonak-to-release-earphones-with-dual-balanced-armature-drivers 

Posted on 14 Jul 2011 at 12:14
We’ve just had word of Swiss hearing aid maker Phonak’s latest PFE 232 Audeo Perfect Fit earphones. Competing at the top end of the market against the likes of Shure and Sennheiser, each earphone will have a pair of balanced armature drivers, provided a dedicated woofer and tweeter in each ear.
We don’t usually get this excited about earphone releases, but last year’s PFE 111 set snagged our coveted Ultimate award and continues to be our standard reference set for headphone reviews. They’re the most comfortable sound-isolating headphones we’ve ever used, with beautiful audio clarity.
The new model is set to improve on the PFE 111’s only weak areas, with a wider range of supplied sound-isolating Comply foam tips and a dedicated driver to provide improved bass performance. Like their predecessors, they’ll come with different acoustic filters to help you get a more or less bass-heavy sound, depending on your preference. They’re certainly welcome, as many [size=100%][size=inherit]high[/size][size=inherit]-[/size][size=inherit]end[/size][/size] earphones favour treble to the exclusion of a rich bass.
The earphones will also be available with an in-line control for Apple devices – and other compatible phones and MP3 players. Currently, only engineering samples exist, but we’ll be reviewing a release version as soon as they’re available. """""

Moving forward it seems, but will they be ready for August?

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #99 of 1,082
Gotta hope that they've guessing and just plucked a figure from the air, doubled it, and added a few ££ to it too!

Quote:
£400?! That is way too much for me.

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #101 of 1,082
Any chance you'll be sent a sample dfkt
etysmile.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #102 of 1,082
Why on Earth would anyone buy 400 pound earphones? Especially when you can have a decent custom IEM in this particular price range. Acutually the same question is bothering me about €1000-AKG K3003

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #105 of 1,082
Waiting for these with bated breath, so I was crushed to hear the price may be the equivalent of about $650.  

I was prepared to pay more than the existing models, of course, but for that kind of money, I think I'll pass....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back