[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Dec 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #961 of 1,082
Thinking of buying the PFE 232 from Earphone solution with the 40% off but was wondering on how to get replacement cable in the future since Audeo have ceased operation on IEM.  Becos of this I stuck in whether to get the Westone 4R or PFE 232
It comes with one extra cable with no controls... Just an fyi. So you get two cables... Not sure where to buy more though

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #963 of 1,082
  Have read in the forum that the cable is problematic

I had read about the older pfe112 cables failing, but they fixed it in the newer version.  The pfe232 cable seems good to me.  I'm not sure how accurate you can gauge the failure rate from a forum anyway.  Not to say that these cases don't exist, but it's more likely someone will report a failed cable and/or look for a solution online than it is for someone who has a cable with no problems.  Anyhow, if the cable fails at least there is one backup included.  You lost the controls, but at least you can use the earphones.  I'm sure there are companies like BTG audio that could recable them if you needed later on...

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #964 of 1,082
I had reported this sometime back also, that my PFE 232 cable got broken for my mistake and customer service send me 3 new cables as replacement.

Contact Chelsea for cable issue, if you have valid warranty you are sure to get replacement

Chelsea B. Utley
chelsea.utley@hearingplanet.com
Distribution support
HearingPlanet Inc.
100 Westwood Place
Suite 400
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: 1.800.432.7669 ext. 449
Fax: 615.248.5903

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #965 of 1,082
I am from Singapore and the dealer here is selling at ridiculous price. I am wondering if I buy from Earphone Solution here in USA will I be having problem should the need for RMA arise in the future

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #966 of 1,082
wow....didnt know a dual drivers can so good...

just got my pf232 this morning and now doing audition with my dx50...and i am falling in love now...

was using my w4r with dx50 and now using pfe232....eventhough the instrument separation is not as good as w4r..but overall...the SQ is on par for the 1st impression...and i can say it's better than my um3x-rc...

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #967 of 1,082
i guess i am just damn bad luck...the non mic cable which i swap over have this issue below :frowning2:

original state of the jack

then the jack section has came off just by a gentle pull out :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #968 of 1,082
I would say the w4r and the pfe232 are pretty equivalent.  They both have strengths and weaknesses, but they both have details and smooth frequency responses.  The w4r is a bit darker in the treble, but the pfe is a bit bassier with less mid presence.  Overall though very similar.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats any of the pfe series for comfort and ergonomics though in my opinion.  Wow.  Light, easy fit, soft, comfortable, nice cable.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #971 of 1,082
I am absolutely happy with the sound after 300-hour burn in. However, as some guys mentioned before, the cable is really problematic. I have only used it for 2 weeks and 2 cables already failed. One failed at y splitter and the other failed at the plug. With those two cables, sometimes the sound from one unit just faded away. I had to adjust the cable to get the sound back and then keep still. But eventually, the sound would disappear again. Really disappoint at the quality of cables.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #972 of 1,082
I am absolutely happy with the sound after 300-hour burn in. However, as some guys mentioned before, the cable is really problematic. I have only used it for 2 weeks and 2 cables already failed. One failed at y splitter and the other failed at the plug. With those two cables, sometimes the sound from one unit just faded away. I had to adjust the cable to get the sound back and then keep still. But eventually, the sound would disappear again. Really disappoint at the quality of cables.

That's weird. I've fallen asleep on mine many times, probably yanking them all night as i toss and turn and mine never fail.

I'd call and ask for a replacement.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #973 of 1,082
Just got mine about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up guys...I'll be extra careful with the cable since it's almost impossible to get spares since Phonak Audeo is no longer in business. Anyway it's only fair to say that there's no perfect product but never the less I'm truly enjoying the sound of the PFE232. If anyone knows where to get spare cables for the PFE232 please let me know. Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #974 of 1,082
  Just got mine about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up guys...I'll be extra careful with the cable since it's almost impossible to get spares since Phonak Audeo is no longer in business. Anyway it's only fair to say that there's no perfect product but never the less I'm truly enjoying the sound of the PFE232. If anyone knows where to get spare cables for the PFE232 please let me know. Thanks 
beerchug.gif

if yours is under warranty, you may still claim your cable with phonak. FYI, Phonak is still in buisness but they discountinue personal audio production...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back