[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Jan 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #871 of 1,082
Quote:
Errr, if you test another device and are sure it's the earphones, I'd say have them replaced. Perhaps there is debri in one port or something behind the filter? Did you just "notice" the problem, or did it just "start"?

It was normal at first, I only noticed the problem yesterday. I'll try whatever I can to make sure its the earphones, otherwise I'll replace them.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #873 of 1,082
Quote:
Sorry, phonak's website isn't working in my computer for some reason. Could anyone give me their USA telephone number so I can contact them please?

Phone   1-800-679-4871

Address
4520 Weaver Parkway,
Warrenville, IL 60555 

Fax - 630-393-7400 

E-mail - info@phonak.com
Web  - www.phonak-us.com

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #875 of 1,082
After more testing with various equipment, I changed my mind: the PFE232 does have a bit of V-shape to the frequency response.  My portable setup works beautifully with the HD650 in terms of midrange balance.  Comparing the PFE232, I do hear a bit of warmth in the midbass, then a loss in midrange (middle of male voice roughly).  

I also hear grain that can be bothersome, especially when used with less-than-smooth source and amp.  

I compared the cables with and without the control on the right wire, and heard no difference.  I kinda like the control because it quickly tells me which is the right handed one.  

Note that I have a fairly early PFE232... I'm not sure if there have been any running improvements.  

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #876 of 1,082
Quote:
After more testing with various equipment, I changed my mind: the PFE232 does have a bit of V-shape to the frequency response.  My portable setup works beautifully with the HD650 in terms of midrange balance.  Comparing the PFE232, I do hear a bit of warmth in the midbass, then a loss in midrange (middle of male voice roughly).  

I also hear grain that can be bothersome, especially when used with less-than-smooth source and amp.  

I compared the cables with and without the control on the right wire, and heard no difference.  I kinda like the control because it quickly tells me which is the right handed one.  

Note that I have a fairly early PFE232... I'm not sure if there have been any running improvements.  

That's true, the PFE232 didn't have enough body sometimes, and some vocals sound a bit grainy at some songs. I received mine two weeks ago so I don't think tghere's any difference between earlier models and recent models.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #877 of 1,082
My turn to offer thanks. I have RA, which for me means I cannot wear over the ear phones. Something about the headband caused me no end of neck pain. Tried the Senn HD 25s, which didn't cause neck pain, they just made me feel like my head would implode from the ears in.

I'd used UE SF5Ps for a few years and picked up some TF10s the black Monday before last. They sounded better, especially after replacing the cable. But they were never comfortable. That came with the X10 during last fall's sales. But I didn't like the overall sound. If only...

I've never been completely gobsmacked by music before. I remember listening to the Star Wars soundtrack the summer it came out (shut up young'ins) as the first time I "got" music. Until last night I never noticed, or cared, about natural and synth hand claps. Now I'm listening for the smallest details. 

I don't have the experience or the vocabulary to describe the differences I'm hearing. All I can say is that last night I turned off everything-- computers, phones, etc-- except the lights, closed my eyes and just listened until I fell asleep.

it was wonderful.

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #879 of 1,082
Quote:

I agree.  The more I listened to these the more the V shape bothered me.  I'm actually surprised I thought they weren't as V shaped as they are at first.  I think it's because they are a very high quality V shape earphone.  Unfortunately, the treble just started getting on my nerves all the time sounding unnatural.  And I'ma treble head.  It just has a strange sibilant-ness to it, without really being sibilant in the normal way.

I think they are great, but they are V shaped no matter what tip is used and very treble present in the highest range...

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #880 of 1,082
When did this happen?

Closing of [size=1em][size=1em]www.audeoworld.com webshop[/size][/size]
Dear friends of Audéo PFE
Four years ago Phonak, as a manufacturer of hearing solutions, ventured into developing, producing and distributing the In-Ear Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones. With success, as the numerous awards and the positive press coverage about the excellent sound quality and wearing comfort prove.
However, the decision has recently been taken to terminate production and international distribution of Audéo PFE and to solely concentrate on the Phonak core business with our innovative hearing solutions.
Therefore, we sadly have to inform you that our webshop will be closed on [size=1em]31 March 2013*.[/size]
For warranty and other information please continue to contact the Audéo PFE team at:[size=1em][size=1em]operations.audeoworld@phonak.com.[/size][/size]
Many thanks for your understanding.
The Audéo PFE team
* As long as stock lasts

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #881 of 1,082
Quote:
When did this happen?

Closing of [size=1em][size=1em]www.audeoworld.com webshop[/size][/size]
Dear friends of Audéo PFE
Four years ago Phonak, as a manufacturer of hearing solutions, ventured into developing, producing and distributing the In-Ear Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones. With success, as the numerous awards and the positive press coverage about the excellent sound quality and wearing comfort prove.
However, the decision has recently been taken to terminate production and international distribution of Audéo PFE and to solely concentrate on the Phonak core business with our innovative hearing solutions.
Therefore, we sadly have to inform you that our webshop will be closed on [size=1em]31 March 2013*.[/size]
For warranty and other information please continue to contact the Audéo PFE team at:[size=1em][size=1em]operations.audeoworld@phonak.com.[/size][/size]
Many thanks for your understanding.
The Audéo PFE team
* As long as stock lasts

A couple of weeks ago I think...

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #882 of 1,082
Thanks for that... I just ordered enough foam plugs for "the duration."  To my ears, sound MUCH better than others... makes the treble much more natural, less boosted and sibilant.  

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #884 of 1,082
I'm just curious if you would recommend the PFE232 for portable use? Do they leak sound due to their open design?
Do they benefit from amping?

Can't decide wheither to gut a pair of MDR7750, PFE232, Westone 4R or Heir Audio 4.ai.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #885 of 1,082
Quote:
I'm just curious if you would recommend the PFE232 for portable use? Do they leak sound due to their open design?
Do they benefit from amping?

Can't decide wheither to gut a pair of MDR7750, PFE232, Westone 4R or Heir Audio 4.ai.

They don't leak sound, but their isolation is only about average. They do benefit nicely from amping from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back