NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha
Feb 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #166 of 493
Quote:
Haha.. look at those deep cups.. the soundstage must be great!
biggrin.gif

Out of this world.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #168 of 493
Oh, I saw what you did there you sneaky person!
But truth be told, the Doctor must've had a taste for proper audio equipment in his +900 years of time travel!

Ofc. Those cans where the stax omegas x10 dr who has 2 b a serious.audiophile :3 of he has those 400 years b4 us

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #169 of 493
Quote:
I do think that Beats will have a strong case here, possible with the help of the Apple v Samsung precedent if they find it relevant. According this site: http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/dr-dre-and-beats-electronics-are-suing-yamaha-for-copying-their-headphone-design, they are only suing for $75,000, which is a minuscule amount. So Beats aren't really in this for money, but for another reason. 

$75,000? That's it? That's hardly a profit. Not to mention that there are other headphones with similar styles to the Beats so I'm thinking that the design issue isn't as big a deal as Dr. Dre makes it out to be. The only up side for both companies is the marketing and attention that this dispute will get them. And if that's what both companies wanted, they should have just skipped this whole process and done something else. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #170 of 493
... Dare i say charly sheen has cooked up another.publicity stunt... I can see him with the victors cans on his head... "winning duh" x(

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #171 of 493
Quote:
Quote:
I do think that Beats will have a strong case here, possible with the help of the Apple v Samsung precedent if they find it relevant. According this site: http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/dr-dre-and-beats-electronics-are-suing-yamaha-for-copying-their-headphone-design, they are only suing for $75,000, which is a minuscule amount. So Beats aren't really in this for money, but for another reason. 

$75,000? That's it? That's hardly a profit. Not to mention that there are other headphones with similar styles to the Beats so I'm thinking that the design issue isn't as big a deal as Dr. Dre makes it out to be. The only up side for both companies is the marketing and attention that this dispute will get them. And if that's what both companies wanted, they should have just skipped this whole process and done something else. 

You're talking about Beats here, of course marketing is huge for them. Dem Beats fanboys will be all Gung-ho if Beats wins the case.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #172 of 493
You're talking about Beats here, of course marketing is huge for them. Dem Beats fanboys will be all Gung-ho if Beats wins the case.

True... Dr dre n sheen will proably do a dis rap n Make even more money off what might b a wib

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #173 of 493
What about the Monster N-Tune's? They look extremely similar as well.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #174 of 493
Quote:
True... Dr dre n sheen will proably do a dis rap n Make even more money off what might b a wib

Charlie Sheen can rap? 
size]

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #176 of 493
Guys, correct me if im wrong but i think these Headphones (all of them) come in a package, that has a name on it. LIKE YAMAHA, SHURE or BEATS.

So, even if the design is similar, there is no way to mistake them?

Those patent wars are going to destroy the economy even faster than bankers and politicians....

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #179 of 493
I only read the first couple of pages, but I didn't see anything on here about race. When people buy beats, they're buying status, history, and the struggles of black man who fought his way up into fame and influence. This is something not only the black community buy into, but any teen or adult for that matter who's been been kicked around and shoved in the dirt. Yeah, sure to us head-fiers who can drop hundreds or even several grand on headphones and weigh out the subtle nuances of sound stage, pitch range and all that, Beats are joke! When you're struggling to get by with what you have, and someone buys you a pair of beats, or you finally save up enough to buy them yourself, they blow away that $20.00 pair of skull candy you've been hanging on to for the past couple years, and maybe it's all in your head, but people on the street look at you with respect. There's a guy with money. There's a guy who's made something of himself. There's the guy I'm gonna mug!

Now as all of you were saying, yeah, they look very similar. Yeah, Yamaha knew what they were doing. Are they close enough for lawsuit? That's all up to the judge. If it's true that Yamaha was only sued for $75,000, then it's very possible Monster didn't expect it to even go to court. I'd imagine that's pretty close to what the lawyers are going to make.

The real question is, do you think I can get some Yamaha stickers to put over my Studio Beats so I don't get mugged? :D

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #180 of 493
Quote:
I only read the first couple of pages, but I didn't see anything on here about race. When people buy beats, they're buying status, history, and the struggles of black man who fought his way up into fame and influence. This is something not only the black community buy into, but any teen or adult for that matter who's been been kicked around and shoved in the dirt. Yeah, sure to us head-fiers who can drop hundreds or even several grand on headphones and weigh out the subtle nuances of sound stage, pitch range and all that, Beats are joke! When you're struggling to get by with what you have, and someone buys you a pair of beats, or you finally save up enough to buy them yourself, they blow away that $20.00 pair of skull candy you've been hanging on to for the past couple years, and maybe it's all in your head, but people on the street look at you with respect. There's a guy with money. There's a guy who's made something of himself. There's the guy I'm gonna mug!

Now as all of you were saying, yeah, they look very similar. Yeah, Yamaha knew what they were doing. Are they close enough for lawsuit? That's all up to the judge. If it's true that Yamaha was only sued for $75,000, then it's very possible Monster didn't expect it to even go to court. I'd imagine that's pretty close to what the lawyers are going to make.

The real question is, do you think I can get some Yamaha stickers to put over my Studio Beats so I don't get mugged? :D

This is a joke, right?
Certainly made me laugh 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back