NEWS: Apple acquires Beats for $3 Billion (Update: Full interview on recode.net)
May 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #91 of 303
Here's my take: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/why-might-apple-buy-beats-one-word-hearables

May 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #92 of 303
In semi-related rumor news, sounds like Apple may be releasing an 'HD' audio format soon. This would be great. 

I've only been buying CDs these days to get better audio quality than what is available via iTunes. If they release a CD or better quality format on iTunes and it doesn't cost more than a CD, I'd be all for that. 

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/13/hd-audio-ios-8-new-in-ear-headphones-lightning/

May 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #95 of 303
  and here i thought HP will buy em..

And HP is finally starting to have positive analyst's opinions finally after 10 years. 
etysmile.gif

Seriously they do indeed have products that use/display beats logo, but are making a no comment to this rumor.

May 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #98 of 303
  Can't say I saw that coming, if this goes through and they start implementing iphones with silly beats stuff on it then I shall not touch a iphone any time in the future.

Thank gawd, all you Apple lovers can finally come join the rest of us on the everythingbutiANYTHING side of head fi lol 

oh gawd hearables... can I just give that whole concept a big middle finger? HEY let's make the modern public even more dependant on technology! Let's make them some what lazier too while we are at it! Or let's give stalkers an easier way to... STALK!!! 

May 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #99 of 303
Thank gawd, all you Apple lovers can finally come join the rest of us on the everythingbutiANYTHING side of head fi lol 

oh gawd hearables... can I just give that whole concept a big middle finger? HEY let's make the modern public even more dependant on technology! Let's make them some what lazier too while we are at it! Or let's give stalkers an easier way to... STALK!!! 

Siri, what is that?
"That's the same girl you've been looking at for the last 5 minutes"
What's her name?
"Checking social media outlets..."

May 15, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #100 of 303
Siri, what is that?
"That's the same girl you've been looking at for the last 5 minutes"
What's her name?
"Checking social media outlets..."

this my friends, is the future... if were lucky Siri will alert the girl that about 15 feet to her left is a man starring at her and attempting to find her contact information :/ 

May 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #101 of 303
Oh well, not sure if this was posted before:

May 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #103 of 303
In most stores where I've seen beats headphones on display, they're broken. An earcup semi/fully detached, cable missing, headband broken, earpad dislodged.....and when I ask the shop assistant they often admit it's not because they're the most popular. Just simply fragile.

The pictures probably correct in that apple will fix that if they were to buy beats over. Maybe it was a story put out there just to see the consumer/media response. Clever way of testing.

Still find it very interesting. Surprised it's not much of an active topic of discussion on headfi though.  

May 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #104 of 303
  In most stores where I've seen beats headphones on display, they're broken. An earcup semi/fully detached, cable missing, headband broken, earpad dislodged.....and when I ask the shop assistant they often admit it's not because they're the most popular. Just simply fragile.

The pictures probably correct in that apple will fix that if they were to buy beats over. Maybe it was a story put out there just to see the consumer/media response. Clever way of testing.

Still find it very interesting. Surprised it's not much of an active topic of discussion on headfi though.  

Why waste time? "If you Beat a dead horse headphone, it won't get up and run."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back