News and a Special deal
May 11, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
That is a FREAKING LOW price for a K1000! If I only lived in a non-screaming baby atmosphere, I'd be all over that deal! Kudos to that offer, Todd!

Babies grow up. Buy now - listen later.

And if you don't like them, you can sell them to me when my baby stops screaming.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 16, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Now I can start recasing and modding my T-Amp
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks to mikeg who gave me this little monster
cool.gif

Why not use the Dynahi
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
It will power the K1000 better than T-amp.

May 17, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #20 of 38
k1000 came in today. Waiting on an adapter from Larry now. I am the only one that finds the presentation of these cans amazing? The wooden box is beautiful and the manual is a novel.lol I don't find them overly uncomfortable, but they aren't pillows either. I can't wait to hear them!!

May 18, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
k1000 came in today. Waiting on an adapter from Larry now. I am the only one that finds the presentation of these cans amazing? The wooden box is beautiful and the manual is a novel.lol I don't find them overly uncomfortable, but they aren't pillows either. I can't wait to hear them!!

I also though the box was nice, but then I expect that from a $1200 retail headphone. I was impressed by the manual - besides being a good size made with nice paper, it's got some interesting information about the design of these cans, along with a cool (and amazingly flat) frequency response plot.

Anyways, what matters is the sound of the cans, and they've been amazing so far. Its presentation is not without flaws, but it has a magical openness and musicality like no other headphone I've heard. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I like mine!

May 18, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
I also though the box was nice, but then I expect that from a $1200 retail headphone. I was impressed by the manual - besides being a good size made with nice paper, it's got some interesting information about the design of these cans, along with a cool (and amazingly flat) frequency response plot.

Anyways, what matters is the sound of the cans, and they've been amazing so far. Its presentation is not without flaws, but it has a magical openness and musicality like no other headphone I've heard. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I like mine!

What flaws have you noticed so far?

May 18, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz
What flaws have you noticed so far?

VS HD650/Zu:
K1000 has a lot more top-end energy that can make them slightly more fatiguing. Sibilance is also more pronounced, though it's debatable which one is being more true to the recording. The HD650 has more bass quantity and reaches a bit deeper before rolloff hits, however what the K1000 has is very clean and tight - even more than the Senn's.

VS Grado HP-2:
K1000 is not quite as liquidy smooth as the HP1000 from the midrange though the high end (ex: female vocals). Again, K1000 has more treble and less bass but that's a matter of personal preference anyways.

I've only begun to experiment with the K1000's driver positioning - it seems that when I bring them in very close to my ears the smoothness improves and bass quantity increases - brings them more in line with the hp2/hd650 in these areas. The K1000 kills the other two in providing natural, seamless imaging.

Of course, I'm currently using budget SS amplification with the stock cable so these observations might not hold with better equipment.

May 18, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 38
Argggh. I saw this post too late. I would of definitely snatched a pair at that price.

May 18, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Of course, I'm currently using budget SS amplification with the stock cable so these observations might not hold with better equipment.

Observations accurate for your setup I am sure, but I noticed no such "flaws" with the fisher 400
smily_headphones1.gif
Anything but fatiguing, an absolute joy on all ends of the spectrum! Maybe you just need a few tubes in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back