Newbs Review of the Ultrasone Hfi-780
Aug 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BudMan021

New Head-Fier
Let me start off by saying Im a newbie to the headphone game but I do know car audio and what sounds good. I just purchased the ultrasone hfi-780's from overstock for 170. I purchased them refurb but ended up getting them new. I was looking for something to use with my ipod classic, my laptop; and I wanted a set of cans with clarity and low bass. I listen to mostly rap (wayne jeezy dre snoop) and classic rock (queen cars stones).  Im going on a 6hr plane ride and needed something to tune out my old lady. haha. These i think were a good choice. Ive only owned them 6 hours and wow they are blowing me away. The thing i like about them the most is how nothing is exaggerated, very natural sounding cans. I do know notice on some of my music the vocals sound a litle muffled, I did read they would tighten up alot after about 50hrs and even more after 100hrs. The bass hits low on these cans but like i said a little loose and not smooth, but very perportionate nothings overpowering.The cans get a little sweaty around the ears cuz of the pleather but i read the beyer couch cussion cups fit. Some people were complaining they cups wouldnt seal, but i havent had any problems doesnt really make difference to push on the cups. (Fyi my dome size is a 7 1\4). All in all im very impresed with my first pair of good cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back