Newbie needs some help!
Jan 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MarlinsManiac20

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys, First of all I would like to apologize if this is the wrong section for this. I am looking to get into High-End Headphones. I honestly don't know where to start when it comes to headphones. My favorite Genre is Dubstep so I would be looking for headphones that give off alot of bass but not to a point where its not clean bass. If anyone has good suggestions for headphones(preferably) or in ear buds under 200$ that would be great. If they are from the For sale section that would be even better! Thanks for the help

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 7
For $200 I would probably say the beyer dt770. There is a 32 ohm version if you arent using an amp or the 80 ohm or 600 ohm versions if you have a good amp. It should do good with dubstep and they have good bass. The only question would be, What are you using to drive the headphones with?(ipod, computer, amp, etc.)

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
For $200 I would probably say the beyer dt770. There is a 32 ohm version if you arent using an amp or the 80 ohm or 600 ohm versions if you have a good amp. It should do good with dubstep and they have good bass. The only question would be, What are you using to drive the headphones with?(ipod, computer, amp, etc.)

Little bit of everything. Ipod, Droid Incredible, Laptop. Ect. Also Is it bad if I want Studio Beats by dre? I have an HP Laptop with the beats software included in it and supposedly it makes the beats headphones sound nice.

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Well the beats around here are usually not considered high on anybodies list. Use the search feature and type in dre. You will get plenty of threads discussing them. After reading them, if you still want to buy them, then so be it and be happy. If you are serious about getting into highend cans though, I think you will probably get some good suggestions here that will be a lot better than the beats.

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 7

Yea, I want to grab a pair of beats to see if I think the $ for a "step above" headphones is worth it. If anyone is selling studio beats feel free to shoot me a pm. Thanks for the help styles!
Quote:
Well the beats around here are usually not considered high on anybodies list. Use the search feature and type in dre. You will get plenty of threads discussing them. After reading them, if you still want to buy them, then so be it and be happy. If you are serious about getting into highend cans though, I think you will probably get some good suggestions here that will be a lot better than the beats.

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Yea, I want to grab a pair of beats to see if I think the $ for a "step above" headphones is worth it. If anyone is selling studio beats feel free to shoot me a pm. Thanks for the help styles!
Quote:

I realize that you are interested in the beats, but the thing is, they're not actually that good, and are way overpriced for what they are... for $250+, you can get much, much better headphones that have better bass. for the "$ for a "step above"" you can actually get headphones that are 2 or 3 steps above what you are used to... Just saying...

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Yea lol, I have had a Beats "thing" for a while probably going to get em for a few months and get a pair of cans I'll really love 
gs1000.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I realize that you are interested in the beats, but the thing is, they're not actually that good, and are way overpriced for what they are... for $250+, you can get much, much better headphones that have better bass. for the "$ for a "step above"" you can actually get headphones that are 2 or 3 steps above what you are used to... Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back