newbie needs some help- first full size headphones!
Jul 18, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #16 of 26
ok great :)
but one laaaaast thing (yea i know im anoying 
rolleyes.gif
), for rock,rap and onerepublic (i dont know what genre it is :) ) who is better? the AT or the Shure?

Disclaimer: I am biased towards Shure, but for good reason.

The Shures sound great with those genres, one republic would be pop/rock I'd say. I haven't found one genre where any of the SRH line doesn't sound great with. As far as the M50's go, to my ears, as Jeremy Clarkson would say, I'd rather have bird flu.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #18 of 26
M50's sound like complete utter crap to me and I really don't care what a reviewer says... I trust my own ears. With that said, I'm yet another person giving you my opinion. The best thing to do is buy both from a place that will let you return the one you don't like the best because regardless of what anybody says, it's your money and your ears. :)

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #20 of 26
actually i think i found a solution.. you said that the Shures doesnt need an amo right? so i can just buy it from a retailer and hope for the best? (double the cost of course) 

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #21 of 26
They don't need an amp. I can almost guarantee you will love them. I've never met anybody that didn't at least like the SRH840, if not love it.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #22 of 26
Best advice I can give is to try out the headphones, if possible. I'm the opposite of Germanclub; I love the M50 but I don't really like the SRH440's sound. In the end, the better headphone is up to the listener himself, because IMO, the 840 and the M50 equal in quality but differ in signature.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #23 of 26
I highly recommend you the Alessandro MS1i! Just got mine today and they are clear as ever! If you compare the MS1i to the SR-80i, then you will most likely end up in the same first square again. From what i have heard, the MS1i is more balanced then the SR-80i, thus fitting in with more music genre then the SR-80i. The grados are mainly recommended for rock, so yeah...

Also the Alessandro MS1i is exactly $110 including postage! Thus saving more money to buy your favourite amp! ( i also recommend the fiio combo e7/e9!)

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
I highly recommend you the Alessandro MS1i! Just got mine today and they are clear as ever! If you compare the MS1i to the SR-80i, then you will most likely end up in the same first square again. From what i have heard, the MS1i is more balanced then the SR-80i, thus fitting in with more music genre then the SR-80i. The grados are mainly recommended for rock, so yeah...

Also the Alessandro MS1i is exactly $110 including postage! Thus saving more money to buy your favourite amp! ( i also recommend the fiio combo e7/e9!)

thnx fir the recommendation but i dont like the grado style/on ear headphones,

now i'm just deciding between m50s and srh840.. waiting for more people to comment

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
thnx fir the recommendation but i dont like the grado style/on ear headphones,

now i'm just deciding between m50s and srh840.. waiting for more people to comment

Well, just putting it out there! :wink:

Also, I have a friend who just brought 2 cans and one of them are the M50's. The other is the Shure 440. I can ask him to do a rough (sketchy) comparison, or just a review of the M50's. 

Have fun! :D

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #26 of 26
Have you looked into Audio Technica and whether they will ship to you for a reasonable price? The AD700's are nice headphones on a budget. They're just like Grados, "live" sound and low impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back