Newbie needs help picking earbud
Nov 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hawk600

New Head-Fier
Hey folks, great forum! Thank you!
I am learning a lot here but will need some help to find a low profile earbud that I can use with a motorcycle helmet. Microphone is a plus, but I could leave without it.
I am not looking to the high end side as this is just to have some music while riding and eventually answer a call.
I appreciate any suggestions as you guys are the experts!
Thanks!!

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you Xaborus for the quick response!
I definitively want to be able to easily hear your surroundings to stay more alert. Blocking outside noise like a car horn could be really dangerous!
I am aware that I might be losing bass and audio quality but better have some feedback from the surroundings than sorry! :)

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Hmm, while they don't have the option of picking up phone calls, The KSC75 has amazing audio quality for the price, and you'll be able to hear your surroundings. Not to mention a lifetime warranty (although at these prices id feel bad about even using the warranty and just buy another pair)

I actually have a pair myself, and they are extremely enjoyable to listen to. A little tip is to bend the ear pieces until they are comfortable for you (bend just like paperclips)

You might be able to find them at your local K-mart. Its the only superstore that i could find them in my town.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 7
I love the KSC75, but its not an ear bud and you won't get it under a MC helmet if the helmet fit is even close to correct.  I don't know if i'd personally want to wear an IEM while riding, it might block too much sound for my preference.  Maybe something like the new apple ear bud?  Its a tough call for me because i'd want to avoid most things that sounded good for the ability to hear around me...

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you Guys!
I will try this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VTZPO8/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_4402_A1DPLMDCDMALET?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Y7JSCN1F57YA59KMNYM&pf_rd_i=1288710011&pf_rd_p=1430434402
I found a decent revire for it here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/meelectronics-m6-earbuds/

I does cover outside some outside noise but you can still hear the surrounding depending on the eartips you pick and the best thing it is now on Amazon lightning deal for $16.99, so I will give it a shot.
Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back