Newb question!
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

skydynamics88

New Head-Fier
hi all, im new here and also new to these high end headphones. Im thinking of getting a pair of good headphones. I can get the Beats Studio for 130, ATH-ANC7B for 120, bose qc 15 for 225 + tax. Out of these three, which one would be the best buy? if you have another pair in mind, please don't hesitate to suggest. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 14
No Beats.
No Bose.

You do the math.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 14
Also...much more info is needed...budget, are you getting more equipment (amp, DAC), what is your source of music, what are you looking for soundwise, what do you listen to, what is your credit card number and billing address (you can PM me that info if you like).

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 14
The M50s will be great straight out of the iPhone, and don't really need extra amping.

The E7 is good because you can use it as a USB DAC/amp combo with your laptop. Most laptops don't have decent onboard sound so the external DAC will benefit you more than an amp. As a bonus you can also use the E7 as a portable amp, for the bass boost feature.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 14
Though also a newb, I recently had a chance to sample a number of low/midrange headphones connected to a few different sources, and the Beats were without a doubt the worst I listened to within the $80-$150 price range.

My 2cents, good luck with your hunting!

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 14
The E7 has a better opamp than the E5 but to my ears they sound mostly the same except that there is less hiss with the E7. However the E7 as a dac hooked to a computer is clearer than the E5. If you dont want a DAC or just want to try out amps in general get the E5. Or you could just wait for the E11 which should cost less than the E7.

Quote:
nice, i was thinking of getting an amp too. either e5 or e7. e5 is better for my iphone as i have to carry it around. is e7 significantly better than e5?

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 14
Only about the 1241204120 thread I've seen recently asking the same type of questions.
SEARCH BUTTON WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME.
This is like giving us addicts free posts.

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #14 of 14
It came. now i know why these headphones are very popular. it sounds very good to my ears. I can't wait till the amp gets here. it can only enhance the sound quality. what i can say is Im very satisfy with this purchase. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back