New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 30, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #526 of 1,364
One question: I've seen in a Pawn shop the Beyer DT990 pro at 85€. First of all, is it a good price¿ And the second one, do you think that the Zishan Z1 will be able to drive the DT990¿¿

I just plugged my 990 pros into the Z1 and it sounds remarkably good. The soundstage doesn't seem to collapse at all, and the bass seems reasonably controlled. I think I might keep these things connected to one another for a while... (you may need a 1/4" to 3.5mm plug adapter, depending on the generation of your DT 990).

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #527 of 1,364
I just plugged my 990 pros into the Z1 and it sounds remarkably good. The soundstage doesn't seem to collapse at all, and the bass seems reasonably controlled. I think I might keep these things connected to one another for a while... (you may need a 1/4" to 3.5mm plug adapter, depending on the generation of your DT 990).

Thanks for the info¡¡ The last one, do you recommend the 990 pros?? My main genre is rock, and some electronic.

May 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #528 of 1,364
Just got mine today, big hug to @DBaldock9 for introducing me to the Z1. :heart_eyes_cat:

Updated firmware, I think LED started flashing like, instantly and didn't stop flashing rapidly, unless I have misunderstood it was supposed to stop after 5 seconds?, so I'm not sure I'm running the 0.2 update. Loaded on some songs and now charging and listening, testing out different EQs. So far so good. :smile_cat:

Just became aware of the Walnut V2S, if anyone can tell me how they compare, or if it's worth getting one, let me know!

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #530 of 1,364
OK, maybe i missed something but how do you manage that huge number of EQ options? How do you keep track of where you are and where the eq is off?

I'm gifting a z1 and trying to put together a simple instruction sheet but this is one thing I've missed.

May 31, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #535 of 1,364
It's always possible that we won't even see a v3. Has the v2 even made them enough money to go that far or it still a niche product? It's possible the changes to v2.2 were done in their mind to make the product better, however, a lot of Headfi members minds, it was a bad idea. So they apparently changed back. They might still be in the development phase and that could last many months for, or not...

Why was v2s a bad idea? Any news on walnut v3?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back