New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Apr 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 1,364
In for one as well. Idk why, especially since I already have the Walnut, but $30 isn't too bad.

Folder support is huge, really hope it's seamless. So is DSD
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #20 of 1,364
Another Walnut fan here who's taken a punt on this. If it can maintain the best bits of the Walnut (the power and the sound quality), and have additional features then it will be amazing for the price.

Just because it looks like the Walnut though from the outside, trying not to assume too much, the Walnut may be basic but what it does, it does brilliantly.

I am gonna play devils advocate here as I have the original Zishan dsd, qc and reliability aside (my Zishan has problem with its phone out, it was purchased from a forum member)
And it sounds and works brilliantly, so I am gonna assume the Z1 is going to be awesome. Heehee

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 1,364
I bought Zishan DSD twice, the first time after 2 hours of listening I sent it back for upgrade program. Caz it was so good and I thought to myself what the heck, if they can make it even better there is 0 reason I should hold back from purchasing. That's where it all went wrong... the upgraded Zishan has multiple malfunctions, first there is noise coming out the right channel, then it shut down randomly, then when I tried to reset the machine my needle fall into it. I really liked my needle so it was unacceptable to me. Then I learned the provider of upgrade program was some guy goes by the cool name Mr. Ghost, and who by the way was not the original maker. After an unfriendly talk and a nasty dispute I got full reimburse. 

Then I immediately bought another Zishan from the original maker, it has been working very well. There have been some very minor glitches but it never bothered me. I'd say for the price Zishan worth every penny of it (I used to foolishly buy an HM901U with balanced card for more than 1000 usd, and I wasn't even satisfied with the sound). 
Welcome to the darkside. Now the real race to who gets their Z1 first XD

Commence the game! 
cool.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 1,364
Oh by the way, I asked the maker of Zishan, he said Z1 pumps out less power than Zishan DSD 

Looking at @hakuzen RMAA measurements for both Walnut (3.32Vrns @ 64ohm) and Zishan DSD (3.75Vrms @ 64 ohm) I hope "less than Zishan DSD" still means the Z1 would be comparable to Walnut's power

http://www.head-fi.org/t/800208/the-rmaa-rightmark-audio-analyzer-source-and-audio-device-measurement-thread-measurements-in-post-3-tutorial-in-post-2/135#post_13107744

http://www.head-fi.org/t/800208/the-rmaa-rightmark-audio-analyzer-source-and-audio-device-measurement-thread-measurements-in-post-3-tutorial-in-post-2/135#post_13107087

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #25 of 1,364
Seems like holding the forward and reverse buttons will play the next/previous folders respectively..(or whats said on the chinese ebay desc)
Then it would not have software volume control like the walnuts.. Hope the volume knob works better than the walnut's..

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #29 of 1,364
Not sure about 256 but it seems to play DSD without converting into PCM.

Daggone tempting the clip+ starting acting up yesterday. I wish they made it with a screen for $30 more. Any eBay sellers selling yet and I would like to know if a SQ upgrade will be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back