New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #66 of 1,364
OMG! Z1 gives er4b THE BASS TO DESIRE while Zishan DSD cannot deliver! 

OMG BASS!?

And is there a shuffle play? Or could you ask creator if that can be implemented at a later fw update?

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #67 of 1,364
OMG BASS!?

And is there a shuffle play? Or could you ask creator if that can be implemented at a later fw update?

I listened to several symphonic music in DAP mode, then I tried it as a USB DAC, it is just so musical I don't feel like to disconnect it from my computer... as a matter of fact, I was chained to my chair all afternoon!

Operation-wise I haven't explored much yet. 
Wonderful, wonderful little gadget. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #68 of 1,364
I listened to several symphonic music in DAP mode, then I tried it as a USB DAC, it is just so musical I don't feel like to disconnect it from my computer... as a matter of fact, I was chained to my chair all afternoon!

Thanks for the overview. Can you try DSD playback and of course some pics. Congrats. I'm excited for ya.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #69 of 1,364
Protective Bumpon for desktop users 
regular_smile .gif

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3M-protective-Bumpon-SJ5302A-3m-clear-silicon-rubber-dots-top-hat-shape-silicon-rubber-gasket-3M/32787329603.html

credits for @vapman 

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #70 of 1,364

Oh boy Freddy you are not helping with the long wait the rest of us are suffering lol jk

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #71 of 1,364

It sounds like your ears were sound kidnapped. I have never heard of a happy kidnapping before your post.

Can you compare the Z1 to the V2 if you have a Walnut laying around?

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #72 of 1,364

SO...it can be used as a DAC from my computer? If so, would it sound better than the Nuforce uDAC2 I currently have? Anyone know?

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #75 of 1,364
hey guys, been busy.
But I sold my Zishan DSD today, for I choose the vigorous sound of Z1, even if their price tags switched!
From a business point of view I think Zishan has made a mistake pricing a better product less. From the customer's point of view I couldn't be happier. The only advantage Zishan DSD has over Z1 is the screen, at the expanse of aesthetics. To me Z1 is a better Mojo that can play music independently(I sold my Mojo after I get Zishan DSD, that's how much I loved it!).
I will try DSD files later this evening.
I don't still have Walnut in my possession, the reason being that I don't feel it can hold up against Zishan DSD... of course it is only my own preference. I'm afraid we have to wait for someone who owns both to give a more credible comparison.
But Z1 is not perfect, when I plug my earphone into it (with the device turned off), I hear annoying electronic noise.
The other downside being that its volume knob has very little resistance, when I carry it in my pocket I accidentally jake up the volume several times, I think it could be dangerous to use with sensitive IEMs.
Also the two keys on the bottom(LED on & hold) seem redundant to me. The former serves only as a switch-on/off, I remember Walnut is turned on/off by long press the middle key, which is good. And the keys on the front are not easily pressed by mistake, the only thing that should be worried is the volume knob, which the hold key doesn't control...
I will make some suggestions to Zishan this evening. Peace out :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back