New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #256 of 367
Has anyone had any CIEM's done here? If so, can anyone recommend a good audiologist in Auckland and a rough idea on the costing of one? 
Any tips for a prospective CIEM buyer here in NZ?

Thanks

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #259 of 367
Props to you NZTechfreak for organising this meet up
beerchug.gif

Will buy my ticket asap and get some friends to do so as well. We'll probably bring just bring some of our portable stuff and maybe a Q701. Our future wallets are going to hurt so bad after this ...

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #260 of 367
  Hi Chris from iFI NZ is it possible to be part of the show? if so whats the cost please.I am in the South island so need to arrange quite a bit to be there?

Chris iFI NZ

Hi Chris, I'm the organiser so flick me a PM here and then we can exchange emails and take it from there.

Props to you NZTechfreak for organising this meet up
beerchug.gif

Will buy my ticket asap and get some friends to do so as well. We'll probably bring just bring some of our portable stuff and maybe a Q701. Our future wallets are going to hurt so bad after this ...

You're welcome! Really looking forward to this, definitely tap lots of your friends to come :) What portables have you got? I loves me some portables...

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #261 of 367
  Hi Chris from iFI NZ is it possible to be part of the show? if so whats the cost please.I am in the South island so need to arrange quite a bit to be there?

Chris iFI NZ

Hi Chris – hope you can make the event given required ‘investment’ to get there. By coincidence I will be using an MF Xray in one demo system bought from you some time ago now rejuvenated by a certain Dac. A perfect partner for which is apparently one of your powered cables. I have not explored USB cables yet – stock units do well. Need to know of course so will be a good opportunity to see the range and get your opinions. Also wondering if I should check out beforehand if possible rather than on the day as it may be hectic. Was on my to do list this year so good timing. Cheers Ian

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #262 of 367
Looks like we will have security on the day now too :)

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #263 of 367
You're welcome! Really looking forward to this, definitely tap lots of your friends to come :) What portables have you got? I loves me some portables...

Nothing fancy.

Just some of the more popular portable cans that have come out in recent years (KEF M500, V-Moda M80 etc). But yeah, can't wait to demo some new gear (being poor students and all) as well as meet some fellow head-fiers. Which is kinda rare in these woods.

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #264 of 367
Smallish question (I am not a seller please note) to the organisers and those who will or do represent a business that sells headphones etc who will be exhibiting on the day. Is there a teeny tiny chance you can do sales and supply the goods there and then? I've never attended a headphone event like this but have been to similar hobby based 'enterprises' and some of the biggest sales have occurred, probably because of the impassioned must have factor or out of plain convenience. Of course I understand that could mean large amounts of cash or more safe option, the use of EFTPOS for Credit Card etc.... I am personally one of the worse I'll have it now types and I am sure there are others. Be a pity for sales opportunity to be missed too I guess....

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #266 of 367
Ticket bought & paid for :)

I will be bringing my Beresford Bushmaster Mk2 and I might bring along my cheapest (and only set I should add) cans which are the Superlux bargain bucket jobs.

Looking forward to meeting some new people & catching up with Billy from computer lounge.  Not looking forward to the inevitable damage to my wallet after listening to all the cans that I have been reading so much about!

See you there :0)

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #267 of 367
Alright I have just bought a (second-hand) Beyers T1, I'll bring it to the meet as well.

May 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #268 of 367
  Has anyone had any CIEM's done here? If so, can anyone recommend a good audiologist in Auckland and a rough idea on the costing of one? 
Any tips for a prospective CIEM buyer here in NZ?

Thanks

Yonks ago I had impressions made for custom earplugs by this outfit, who also sell Ultimate Ears CIEMs: http://dontlosethemusic.co.nz. 

Their prices seem to start at 1k.

If all you want is the moulds for CIEMs, it would be worth asking if they could do this for you.

May 4, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #270 of 367
Nice,I don't have the time to go oversea for some canjam meet,but this one just 5 mins walk away from my house,how can I miss that?

Should I bring my HD800 and Signature DJ with the LAKE PEOPLE amp along? I thinking upgrade my amp for a long time but never had the chance to try other amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back