New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #211 of 367
Audeze's and HiFiMAN - come and have a go :wink:

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #212 of 367
  I will jump on TM and grab a ticket.

Still wondering whether to bring along my Bushmaster Mk2 DAC to give an idea of the other end of the scale of price etc :frowning2:

I still think its a good DAC (for stereo purposes, I havent really tried it out with cans) and I would love to be able to try it with some cans like Audeze, HiFiman and Fostex if there is any there?

A bit of background on me, I am a relative learner in the headfi space and thankfully Billy (revogamer) has helped me to narrow the field of potential purchases.  I started out looking at the T90's, then decided I could push myself to the T1's (less treble) and then Billy threw a spanner in the works with the HD800's!  I love the detail but I find the ear cups a little too roomy and a little bit uncomfortable.   Are there any other cans coming along that you guys recommend that I check out?

If you like the HD800 you owe it to yourself to hear the HE-6 well driven :) 

The upcoming HE-560 may also be worth a listen too.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #213 of 367

If you like the HD800 you owe it to yourself to hear the HE-6 well driven :) 

The upcoming HE-560 may also be worth a listen too.

The HE-6 is actually one of the cans I'm currently considering to be my 2nd pair of high-end phones (alongside with T1 and LCD-2.2). Though possible amping issue kinda drives me away from them, so I would wait until I hear them in person.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #214 of 367
Ticket bought. Can't wait.

Anyone know if there will be a STAX SR-009 around? Been wanting to hear that 'phone for ages.

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #215 of 367
Hey guys - 

Out of interest, not having had the pleasure of attending one of these meets before - How does it work regarding source material to listen to?
I have reference tracks I like to listen to when I set my gear up - do we bring these files on a USB stick? laptop running USB out?

No problems with any method - just curious .... (sorry if its already been brought up)

Cheers 

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #216 of 367
  Ticket bought. Can't wait.

Anyone know if there will be a STAX SR-009 around? Been wanting to hear that 'phone for ages.

At this stage I don't think so unfortunately, they're just about the only high end can that may not be present at the meet. Perhaps by next years meet, when no doubt Billy will have them.

Hey guys - 

Out of interest, not having had the pleasure of attending one of these meets before - How does it work regarding source material to listen to?
I have reference tracks I like to listen to when I set my gear up - do we bring these files on a USB stick? laptop running USB out?

No problems with any method - just curious .... (sorry if its already been brought up)

Cheers 

I'd bring them on a USB at least, most of us will be running computer based transports. Not a terrible idea to bring them on a laptop either, although probably only if it is a mac (since they work without drivers on most DACs, whereas windows machines tend to require drivers for most).

I was going to do a post later this week at the blog outlining some suggestions for surviving the day :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #217 of 367

At this stage I don't think so unfortunately, they're just about the only high end can that may not be present at the meet. Perhaps by next years meet, when no doubt Billy will have them.

I'd bring them on a USB at least, most of us will be running computer based transports. Not a terrible idea to bring them on a laptop either, although probably only if it is a mac (since they work without drivers on most DACs, whereas windows machines tend to require drivers for most).

I was going to do a post later this week at the blog outlining some suggestions for surviving the day :)

Ha..ha...ha.. your funny - we will see; I don't know if i would be allowed to go home after that!

I will be bringing a windows based laptop - I don't have any mac devices haha :p

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #218 of 367
I don't have any mac devices either, I was more referring to bring a mac if you were intending to use that as your source from other peoples DACs, in which case not having to install drivers for each DAC is an asset.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #220 of 367
Just a random question, how big is your lossless music collection guys? I'm at 102 GB.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #221 of 367
Just a random question, how big is your lossless music collection guys? I'm at 102 GB.

I think about 160gb at last count.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #222 of 367

I personally have about 90GB in total. Probably about ~5 is non lossless. I recently bought a ipod off a headfi member and he still had all his songs on the ipod, about 100GB worth and all lossless. SO ~200gb? I guess thats cheating tho 
L3000.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #224 of 367
  just started my collection at 10gb :frowning2:

just bought my ticket too! excite!

Woohoo!

I think so far sold about 12 tickets, and nearly half of those are not to Head-Fi members, which surprises me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back