New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #166 of 367

Nice collection of gear there! Would love to try the W300ANV. 

Cheers 
smile_phones.gif

Nice rig mate, I would like to compare (again) the WA3 to the WA6. I preferred the WA3 the last time I auditioned both, but they were using stock tubes.

The stock 274B rectifier that comes with the WA6 isn't great..... very grainy high-mids and lacks bass.

Likewise I'm keen to hear how the HD800 plays with the OTL WA3.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #167 of 367
Just to let you guys know that Ian Brown, the representative for Metrum Acoustics will be bringing their gear along to the meet now also.

Ian sent a brief introduction to post to you guys while he wades through the 'member of the trade' forum registration process:

Hello Headfiers

I’m a novice – never listened to a H/P amp before – although have been using phones for a long time to monitor recordings. Hope to remedy the above this weekend. Have been in touch recently with Murray to register attendance at the forthcoming meet, and hopefully bring along Metrums Hex and Octave II Dacs coupled to the new Aurix.

I have a pair of BD T1’s to link up and was wondering about bringing some ancient HD420’s. There might be some interest in how far things have come in the intervening 34 odd years (occasional crackles apart). Suggested ear partners for above combos are HD800, HifiMans HE 500, Audeze LCD 2’s so wondering if anyone out there might be able to help out.

Regarding setup will have a computer to provide rips and higher res music – but unfortunately I have found virtually no HD music I want to buy. My genre is Rock music in its widest sense so any input greatly appreciated on that front from fellow sufferers. Do you all bring along your own CD’s i.e. music you are familiar with and know well ? A CD player will therefore be useful for everyone if so.

Can bring a range of CD’s hopefully covering a lot of tastes which can then be compared to rips I will prepare over next month or two – on my main system I can’t tell the difference but phones might show otherwise.

No surprise I have not been to such a meet before let alone H/P demonstrations, so all comments/advice welcome – and expect the odd hiccup or three. My thanks to Murray for passing this on, plus his administration duties. 

Cheers Ian

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #169 of 367
  Just to let you guys know that Ian Brown, the representative for Metrum Acoustics will be bringing their gear along to the meet now also.

Ian sent a brief introduction to post to you guys while he wades through the 'member of the trade' forum registration process:

Hello Headfiers

I’m a novice – never listened to a H/P amp before – although have been using phones for a long time to monitor recordings. Hope to remedy the above this weekend. Have been in touch recently with Murray to register attendance at the forthcoming meet, and hopefully bring along Metrums Hex and Octave II Dacs coupled to the new Aurix.

I have a pair of BD T1’s to link up and was wondering about bringing some ancient HD420’s. There might be some interest in how far things have come in the intervening 34 odd years (occasional crackles apart). Suggested ear partners for above combos are HD800, HifiMans HE 500, Audeze LCD 2’s so wondering if anyone out there might be able to help out.

Regarding setup will have a computer to provide rips and higher res music – but unfortunately I have found virtually no HD music I want to buy. My genre is Rock music in its widest sense so any input greatly appreciated on that front from fellow sufferers. Do you all bring along your own CD’s i.e. music you are familiar with and know well ? A CD player will therefore be useful for everyone if so.

Can bring a range of CD’s hopefully covering a lot of tastes which can then be compared to rips I will prepare over next month or two – on my main system I can’t tell the difference but phones might show otherwise.

No surprise I have not been to such a meet before let alone H/P demonstrations, so all comments/advice welcome – and expect the odd hiccup or three. My thanks to Murray for passing this on, plus his administration duties. 

Cheers Ian

My HE500 will be there, definitely. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #170 of 367
I will have all the Hifiman range on show :wink:

Plus my LCD-3, HD800, Fostex's.. Probably He-6 myself too - gonna be no shortage that is for sure..

Most likely will have the new hifiman if all goes well too... (maybe not though, depends on the shipments)

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #171 of 367
  I will have all the Hifiman range on show :wink:

Plus my LCD-3, HD800, Fostex's.. Probably He-6 myself too - gonna be no shortage that is for sure..

Most likely will have the new hifiman if all goes well too... (maybe not though, depends on the shipments)

Having second thoughts really about this meet. I feel a definite threat to my life savings...

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #172 of 367
You will love it :p

(wallet will hate it)

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #174 of 367
Better to bring your wallet like this:

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #175 of 367
Mar 29, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #178 of 367
Welcome abroad mate, it would be a terrific idea to come to the meet and auditioned every single piece of gear available to make up your mind 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back