New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 367

NZtechfreak

Headphoneus Supremus
Just an early heads-up that I've been looking into an Auckland headphones meet. There will be a wide selection of gear there with high-end headphones from Sennheiser, HiFiMan, Beyerdynamic, Audeze, Grado and more.

May be worth subbing this thread to make sure you keep up with details.

Oh, and make sure to drop a line in the thread here so we can plan and coordinate and just generally be excited about the first opportunity to do this here in NZ!

UPDATE: Date and venue confirmed!

UPDATE: Tickets available! Hit the link here to grab your tickets http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=717640361

I can now confirm the date and venue - Saturday the 24th of May at the Fickling Convention Centre (Hillsborough Room) in Three Kings in Auckland (see in Google Maps).

Nice clean modern venue with very ample parking (somewhat of a rarity in Auckland) and some nice amenities like cafe and pub nearby.

Now that time and place are confirmed, and there is a more solid platform to build on I can launch into the next stages of planning.

Naturally I will keep you informed of further developments as they take shape.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 367
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's the kind of enthusiasm I was hoping to strike up!

I should also say that if you're keen to demo your stuff, drop me a PM with your gear portfolio.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 367
Great news!

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 367
PM'ed quite a few people. They should see the thread soon. Auckland meet! woohoo!

beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 367
Hi dietmar,
I heard that you got a stax sr-507, may I ask what amp you use to drive the SR507?
THANKS

Hi,I have a vintage Pioneer SX1010 with a Stax energiser but I don't know how it sounds like as the amp is still with the technician.Have sold the HD800;they were too artificial for me.I see you have got some Denons!!!

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 367
PM'ed quite a few people. They should see the thread soon. Auckland meet! woohoo!

:beerchug:

Excellent, please do tell all the Kiwi Head-Fiers you know (as well as any headphone fans you know who might not be here at the forums).

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 367
Great !  I was actually thinking about doing this myself at some stage - so kudos  NZTF 
beerchug.gif

Although I'm wayyyy down South - I'd definitely be interested.  Just give me enough warning.  I know Bill from Computerlounge is an avid audiophile as well - and may be able to get some gear.  As far as it goes for me - I'd need to be careful about transporting everything up.  But I think I could at least swing by with an HD700, HD600 - and for portable - a Studio V3 Anniversary & Dunu DN-1000s (and maybe some random other IEMs).  I could try and box up my Little Dot MKIV - but the handling would be a worry ..... 

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 367
Great !  I was actually thinking about doing this myself at some stage - so kudos  NZTF :beerchug:

Although I'm wayyyy down South - I'd definitely be interested.  Just give me enough warning.  I know Bill from Computerlounge is an avid audiophile as well - and may be able to get some gear.  As far as it goes for me - I'd need to be careful about transporting everything up.  But I think I could at least swing by with an HD700, HD600 - and for portable - a Studio V3 Anniversary & Dunu DN-1000s (and maybe some random other IEMs).  I could try and box up my Little Dot MKIV - but the handling would be a worry ..... 

Will be good to have some travellers along, this should be a worthwhile event for those of us in this game - rare opportunity in NZ to audition a whole lot of gear :)

In terms of date and location I should be able to confirm on Monday.

I'll have all the stuff in my sig, as well as a new DAC by then (presently deliberating between PS Audio PW2, Auralic Vega, Chord Hugo, and Bryston BDA-2).

EDIT: Should add I'm keen to hear the Little Dot, but obviously handling is an issue.

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 367
Finally, a New Zealand Head-Fi meet 
biggrin.gif
 And since the venue is somewhere in Auckland I think I can bring my system to demo, though I'm not sure that would be necessary since NZTF's rig can cover basically anything my system can do LOL.

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 367
Finally, a New Zealand Head-Fi meet :D  And since the venue is somewhere in Auckland I think I can bring my system to demo, though I'm not sure that would be necessary since NZTF's rig can cover basically anything my system can do LOL.

It's all different gear though, I'd be keen to hear it! I wouldn't mind a chance to hear the Q701 again on other gear, I briefly had them but they underwhelmed on my system at the time (given the state of my system then probably unfair to speak ill of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back