New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Nov 7, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #151 of 235
Please anyone in NJ area that can offer me a ride to the meeting, I live in West New York, 15 minutes to the tunnel and about 20 to the bridge, and I don't have a car, sorry for me,
mad.gif
mad.gif
but my audio stuff is more important for me,
smily_headphones1.gif
and I can't afford both for now (and I don't need it neither, I can even walk to my office) I would like to attend but by public transportation from here is a lot of hassle, a real pain in the ass!!!!

Nov 7, 2002 at 8:15 PM Post #152 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Hmmm, Can we get this thread up to 200 replies before the meeting?

Where does it show how many replies?

Nov 7, 2002 at 10:08 PM Post #153 of 235
I won't be attending this meet, but when reading the thoughts on it posted afterwards I'd most like to know what John Grado thinks of the RS-1+Blockhead combination - as long as he approves of having a listen and does not protest, that is. He probably has never heard his own RS-1's sound so good!!

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #154 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs
Where does it show how many replies?

On the main Meetings/Parties/etc. where you click to view this thread...

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #155 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
On the main Meetings/Parties/etc. where you click to view this thread...

Oh, Duh.

Nov 9, 2002 at 7:18 PM Post #156 of 235
Alright, so next Saturday is the day.

Hey, I am only listed to bring:

Sony 5 disc changer.

But I also have:

Sennheiser HD 600
HeadRoom Max amplifier
DiMarzio cables

Shall I bring these along too?

BTW, I definitely am interested in hearing bozebuttons' Cary 300 SEI to compare to my Max, so please bring that Cary along with you bozebuttons.

Thanks.

Nov 9, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #157 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by nyc head
Alright, so next Saturday is the day.

Hey, I am only listed to bring:

Sony 5 disc changer.

But I also have:

Sennheiser HD 600
HeadRoom Max amplifier
DiMarzio cables

Shall I bring these along too?

BTW, I definitely am interested in hearing bozebuttons' Cary 300 SEI to compare to my Max, so please bring that Cary along with you bozebuttons.

Thanks.

You should have checked your PM's. I sent you one about a month ago
biggrin.gif

It would be great if you can bring the Max, DiMarzio cables and your 600. I'll add them to the list.

Nov 10, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #159 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by nyc head
What is a PM? And how do I check it?

Private message. Akin to an onboard mail system. Accessible via private message tab after you log in or from the the user control panel.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #160 of 235
nyc head
The cary will be there. Is anyone going to bring a BALANCED INTERCONNECT . we will need one pair for the blockhead.
Also will need another akg-1000 so we can compare ORPHEUS
DIY CABLES to stock one. I am bringing my akgs does any one have one they could bring?

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #161 of 235
So this is Sat. the 16th? Is there any chance I can tag along? I'm a newbie and I'd like to hear some different things. I don't have any equipment worth bringing unless someone REALLY wants to hear my DMX 6-Fire.... Probably not though. I could give someone a ride though if they are moderately on the way. I'd be comming from Amherst MA. But if there are already too many people, than no hard feelings. I'm not sure If it will make sence for me to try to go anyway, though if someone thinks they'd want a ride it would sudenly make more sence.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #162 of 235
Darkwolf,
Your welcome to come if you want.
I should have the blockhead in a couple of days .Headroom is also
sending a pair of balanced cables to used with it.

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #163 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkWolf
So this is Sat. the 16th? Is there any chance I can tag along? I'm a newbie and I'd like to hear some different things. I don't have any equipment worth bringing unless someone REALLY wants to hear my DMX 6-Fire.... Probably not though. I could give someone a ride though if they are moderately on the way. I'd be comming from Amherst MA. But if there are already too many people, than no hard feelings. I'm not sure If it will make sence for me to try to go anyway, though if someone thinks they'd want a ride it would sudenly make more sence.
smily_headphones1.gif

You're more than welcome to come. I know it's a ride, but you'll get to sample a real nice selection of gear. Read back through the thread for info. If you have any questions or need directions, feel free to PM me. Look forward to seeing you there !

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #164 of 235
Anybody that can give me a ride???? Now my MGHead is turbocharged with a Raytheon 5751 and a pair of 6BQ5 Mullards, I'm waiting for them, but I asure you guys that this will sing there....but I have no ride and is a long trip to make it by bus/train from Jersey, just if someone that lives around here could give me a ride I really appreciate that, my only interest there is the MDR CD3000 and the top of the line Grados, so please these pieces are really ahrd to find on the street, don't make me that please!!!!

Nov 12, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #165 of 235
Wow, well, I'm really glad to hear that I'm welcome, but I just remembered I'm busy on the 16th
frown.gif
I may have even offered Sov a ride.. Oh well, maybe I can change my arangements, but It seems unlikely. Maybe I'll bail and come along.. Both are important to me, so it'll be a tough choice if I can't change my plans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back